Author Topic: Smooth Hound  (Read 1376 times)

nuduke

• View Profile
Smooth Hound
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:54:18 PM »

I just wanted to share this to find out what others do.

Over the years I have become a smooth naturist i.e. I remove all hair below the neck if I can.
Whilst I used to leave a bit of pube up to a year or so ago (wife's protestations again), I now remove all my body hair and I have to say that I love my appearance 'smooth' i.e. without any unseemly tufts of hair everywhere.  One aid to keeping myself smooth has been a Philips Bodygroom which was recommended by Nigel Nib who is (or was) also a smoothie (not to be confused with the beverage of pulverised fruit - non, no it would be very uncomfortable to have your fruits pulverised!).  I also have a shave in the shower each day which keeps everything as hairless as is practical.
What do you do, dear Free Range Naturists?  Hairy, semi shaved or smooth?  Have we discussed this before? - I don't recall if we have.
My journey to hairlessness has been one of many years.  It started with practicality.  I used to suffer from haemorrhoids which I have cured over the years by better diet and squatting to defaecate.  However I was troubled by this perianal nuisance for many years and had to put gooey ointments on them to stave the pain.  However, this was a very messy arrangement as I had hair around my anus and in my crack and this used to get caked with the cream and cause skid marks on the underpants etc.  The better pile relief preparations are oil or petroleum jelly based making it a sticky and messy perpetual chore to get the ointment on or off.  Sorry - is this too much information?  So one day I decided to trim  the perianal hair which I did by crouching over a mirror.  This led to a great improvement in dealing with the pile ointment until eventually I shaved the hair off altogether between my buttocks and across my perineum.  Not only did this improve the pile ointment problem enormously but it led to a considerable improvement in hygiene after defaecation and felt nice too!  Then one day I thought I might do under my arms.  Been doing that so long now the hair in those regions never really grows back significantly and I only need to shave them once every few weeks. 

I am not very hairy overall - never had any hair on my calves and lower leg and very little on my upper legs and only a central 'tuft' on my chest (which I never liked).  But for probably social cohesive reasons etc., I didn't want to be seen in the changing room or bedroom without pubes - it was more years before my attention turned to the pubic, femoral and torso regions!  Eventually, having discovered Nib's secret the Philips Body groomer, I started to shave any remaining hair from my legs and chest and a 'Number One' cut on my pubes (i.e. the shortest length with the clippers).  And over time and particularly in recent months I have cast away my wife's preference for me having pubes (she says I look like a baby without!) and I now shave everything I can find regularly and the pubes daily to be as smooth a smoothie as I can and I have to say I find not having any body hair a perpetual pleasure in appearance and convenience.

I do have long hair on my head (I can just about gather it in a small pony tail at the back) and a gohti beard (clipped to number 1) so I feel a bit of a hypocrite re smoothness.  However, I'm told I look a trifle more wise and distingué with the beard (particularly by Mrs N) and I am somewhat afraid of the radicalness and possible regrowth consequences (all grey?) if I have a clippered haircut or a shaved head.  That aspect of smoothness about the head to match the body bothers me hardly at all although I am slightly envious of the many males of my acquaintance who have shaved heads - less bother with hairdressers, shampooing and time saved in the morning brushing it.  But perhaps more bother with shaving preparations and razors in the shower.  Can one shave one's own head without craning in the mirror and risking lacerations from the razor? I have to admit that if I'm not careful I can get a blaze of barber's rash (I get this on face from wet shaving so I always use an electric although, for no reason apparent, the electric tends to irritate my groin regions whilst being better for the face).

Enough from me!!
Any comments?
Smoothie John

BlueTrain

• View Profile
Re: Smooth Hound
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:33:33 PM »
I shave my face and do not have a beard or sideburns. I visit the barber once every four to six weeks. Anything else is too much trouble.

I am fond of saying that men who claim to have an axe sharp enough to shave with always have beards.

nudewalker

• Normal is a setting on a dryer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »
I don't know if I noted it here or not but here is my quick story. When I became an avid cyclist like the rest of the guys I began shaving my legs. Soon after that I began to train for triathlons so shaved most of the rest of my body hair for swimming. Joking, or so I thought, the wife made the comment that I should just shave the rest off. On a day when I worked the early shift (6AM to 2PM) and she was going out for the later shift (3PM-11PM) the time was used to become a smoothy. She loved it ans since she had done some before for bathing suits she also followed  my lead. With my cardiac episode in November I was given a blood thinner so I let things return to their natural state. Neither of us was happy with the result so now I carefully remove all body hair except for the top of my head. Mother Nature is doing that job for me, slow but sure.
"Always do what you are afraid to do"-Emerson

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
Body hair is there to serve some evolutionary purpose.  Hair is both beautiful and functional.   I don't enjoy seeing the ugliness of those who shave off all their beautiful hair on any part of their body.  It also looks perverted in some fundamental way.  Of course, you have freedom to be as ugly and unnatural as you want, but don't expect me to enjoy seeing it.
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:07:09 PM »
That's what other people say about naked men, isn't it?

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »
Body hair is there to serve some evolutionary purpose.  Hair is both beautiful and functional.   I don't enjoy seeing the ugliness of those who shave off all their beautiful hair on any part of their body.  It also looks perverted in some fundamental way.  Of course, you have freedom to be as ugly and unnatural as you want, but don't expect me to enjoy seeing it.

As you have illustrated, Bob, opinion is divided as to what is most appropriate/desirable/attractive.  I would agree that being a smoothie is a perversion in some respects as it does go against nature and is something that has to be maintained against the natural propensities of one's body (for hair to grow).  However, amongst perversions, it's a fairly benign one I hope you will agree.  As you have opined many times in the context of prosecutions and news articles supporting the position of naked people that have fallen foul of the law or others' idea of hegemonic social norms, even if I were to expect you to enjoy seeing it you have the option simply not to look rather than restrict or prevent my right to do it (always provided it harms no one)! 
John
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:14:58 PM by nuduke »

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 11:43:13 PM »
I don't think it's a perversion as long as it is common to shave your face or to allow your hair to grow. As far as not looking at something that disturbs you, it's usually too late and you can't "un-see" it. On the other hand, we have a highly developed sense of not seeing things, just the same. We don't see homeless people living in the woods behind the 7-Eleven or shuffling along the street pushing all his worldly goods in a shopping cart. We don't see panhandlers. I'm almost certain it was even more highly developed when I was little in the 1950s. Yet it was all there all along. The girls who dropped out of school because they got pregnant. Mysterious mention of "goof balls" by nosy neighbors. The sight of someone staggering down the street on Saturday evening coming home from the tavern. Someone at school being called names that you had no idea what it meant. When the only social disease ever acknowledged to exist was athlete's foot.

And we think the 1950s was fabulous.

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 01:59:48 AM »
I wouldn't put it as vehemently as Bob did, but basically I agree with him. The human body naturally has hair on it, and if you like bodies, you like the hair. I don't point out "the ugliness of those who shave off all their beautiful hair" but it does occur to me to wonder what anyone finds wrong with the natural state of their body. It would look fine with no change made to it, so why make any changes? Now I'm starting to sound more like Bob-we're naturists, we think the body is acceptable, and none of its parts are shameful or ugly. It's all good, and nobody needs to remove anything. And yes, I do accept women's body hair as much as men's! If I see a woman who visibly hasn't shaved some part that society says ought to be shaved, I think "Good for you, lady. Keep it natural."

My attitude extends to disliking tattoos, although they're very common these days. A friend of mine asked if he ought to get one, and of course I said no, the body is fine just as it is, with no need for any improvements. And he said, "Look pal, I've had a heart operation and both knees replaced, and you're going to hassle me over a lousy tattoo?" Well, that shut me up good and promptly.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 03:32:24 AM »
I don't. I prefer natural.. Butt hair is a hassle, I'm glad to be rid of it. But shaving and whiskers are rotten. Sometimes I pull the hair out to smooth the butt. I don't have anyone to wax it off.

Natural hair, I like but prefer it combed. So, I don't like sloppy unruly, piles of pubs to look at. I like the pubic tuft, but I like DF's less hirsute smooth, better.

Tattoos are permanent and change needs to always be an option. God decorates best, so tattoos are a turn off. I like natural, so tanlines are  a big turn off. It is an affront to true beauty to me.

On the other hand, do I look like fashion police in my pictures? I like to please DF, what she finds attractive, I'm more likely to compromise myself...not the tanlines...NOPE!

Jbee

Barefoot all over, all over.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 06:26:34 AM »

Most nudists say nudism is about "body acceptance."    That is the antithesis of rejecting your own natural body. 

JOhnGw

• Almost anything worth doing is better done naked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »

Most nudists say nudism is about "body acceptance."    That is the antithesis of rejecting your own natural body.
I tend to think nudism is more about total people acceptance so, while I would never shave my body or have piercings or tattoos, I fully accept other people's preferences even though I sometimes find them distasteful to look at.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
Nudists did not originally subscribe to the concept of body acceptance. Quite the opposite. The whole point was, as some of them saw it, was that the human race was going to seed and living under unhealthy conditions. So, in addition to having vacations at a rural location, they concentrated on physical fitness, with lots of calisthenics, swimming, athletic games and dance. The same thing was done when urban locations were established. Still, there's only so much you can do, although it seems like for some people, there's nothing you can do.

As I see it, nudism was only one thing that appeared at the end of the 19th century that reflected the idea that modern man was in a state of decline. It was an industrial age (the second industrial revolution, so say). Cities were polluted. People were living in unsanitary, crowded conditions. The nation was at peril! There were other aspects of this, too. Nobody anywhere liked immigrants. So a few intellectuals, mainly in Germany, probably where much of this was most true, decided the answer was to go naked in the countryside and to get in touch with nature again. Farmers tended not to be nudists. They didn't live in the city and were already in touch with nature.

It is no coincidence that the Boy Scout movement began around the same time, followed a few weeks later by the Girl Scout movement. You could call them naturists in the original sense, though, of course, not nudists. Likewise, the conservation movement, too. Ironically, some of the leaders of these diverse movements were, like Roosevelt, nationalists who believed man was born to fight wars. Man, that is, not women.

I have no idea what any of them thought about tattoos but the practice seems to have been prehistoric. But Thoreau said that it wasn't the barbaric practice some claim that it is, only that it was permanent. I personally don't care for the idea but I have to admit that I've seen some very artistic tattoos. It's almost like the art has advanced a lot in the last ten or twenty years. Piercing, however, are another story. But I'll bet your mother has piercings (ear piercings). It isn't so much what younger people are doing these days so much as what they're doing isn't what their parents did. Which may have always been true.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 04:04:48 PM »
I tend to think nudism is more about total people acceptance so, while I would never shave my body or have piercings or tattoos, I fully accept other people's preferences even though I sometimes find them distasteful to look at.

Agreed.  Some are quite distasteful to look at.  I think I said they should have freedom to be as ugly and unnatural as they want.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »
Well, whether or not they want it, maybe they can't "hep" it.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »

Some interesting views here.  I guessed most of you were going to be 'naturalists' even if it's for reasons of can't be bothered to adapt the natural 'landscape'.
I make no apology for my preference although this prompted thought

Is my preference for being smooth a rejection of body acceptance?  I guess it must be, in a way, although I definitely don't think of removing my hair as improving on something I believe is wrong or needs rejecting.  I just find it a nicer feeling and more practical about the nether regions and I like the way I look smooth but I don't hate myself with body hair.  The good thing about body hair is that whatever you care to do is usually reversible!  One day I might let the groin sprout again. 

Tattoos are not in practice reversible and I definitely don't like tattoos.  I can't understand why people want to adopt such a permanent decoration.  Not only that, they sometimes look like clothes!  Tats are often badly drawn or are an image that goes out of fashion.  It must be awful if you get a bad one done and are faced with putting up with it for the rest of your life.  I don't oppose anyone's right to have tattoos and I am sufficiently imbued with body acceptance that I would not devalue someone with tats.  In fact I learned with some surprise that one of the people I respected and learned such a lot from in working days had tattoos.  Someone you just wouldn't think would have one had a huge design over one upper arm shoulder and halfway down the back (he showed it to a group of colleagues once).  It did not shift my esteem one jot other than to make me wonder why such an intelligent, thoughtful and clever person would not have thought twice before such a radical step.  He was someone who had a rock solid justification for everything and a solid logic underpinning all his doings.  I never managed to ask him what the reason was! Why someone hasn't invented a semi permanent equivalent, I don't know.  We used to get skin transfers as kids - they lasted a couple of days, you would think in these days of fake tans, enhanced breasts and lips pumped up with silicone that someone would have come up with a cosmetic tattoo that could be applied to any design, lasts 6 months and then taken off with a solvent or something.  I guess anything applied to the skin will slough off with the natural shedding of dead skin cells but a tat dyes the skin itself.

I feel much the same about piercings.  The only thing I ever totally forbad either of my sons to do was have a piercing when one of them declared they wanted to  (happily neither wanted tats).  He thanked me a few years later for stopping him as he realised he didn't really want a permanent modification himself that badly - it was mainly peer pressure and by then he had woken up to the fact that a lot of people have prejudices about piercings particularly prospective employers and partners! 

John