Author Topic: The Bare Body Freedom Movement via Change.org  (Read 1156 times)

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
Re: The Bare Body Freedom Movement via Change.org
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 01:04:14 AM »
JBG, it's obvious that once De Gaulle heard about your crime and how an American officer helped cover it up, he decided on an independent military policy and the removal of American forces. At such a young age, you were already influencing global events!

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 05:35:12 AM »
Here's a story from the website for the French outdoor naturist club APNEL:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.apnel.fr%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fid%3D1314

The translation is more or less comprehensible, but note that the word "relaxed" should be "released" or "exonerated".

And one from the British press (which I found on the APNEL site):
https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/17458022.naked-penketh-cyclist-defended-by-british-naturism/?fbclid=IwAR1zfWSoYmc46movxLQOPHkaKpuInm4JGHoWe7Z1-WjCF7pyqgp9Y5y3RKY
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:40:27 AM by John P »

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 07:42:59 AM »
JBG, it's obvious that once De Gaulle heard about your crime and how an American officer helped cover it up, he decided on an independent military policy and the removal of American forces. At such a young age, you were already influencing global events!

!!! By Golly, You just might be on to something!!!

Perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back.
Jbee ;D
Barefoot all over, all over.

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2019, 11:24:08 AM »
Thanks for the Warrington cyclist link, John P. Notably the newspaper gave far more space to the BN explanation than to the initial report.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2019, 09:26:54 PM »
I couldn't read the Warrington cyclist linkarticle without giving up my privacy to cookies.
Jbee

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
The guy who is the main thrust for this movement thing is now running for president on the issue.

I'm not sure what to think about that. Good, bad, any press is good. Is it self promotion, or naturist promotion?

https://naked2020rallies.com/contact-us

https://www.change.org/p/public-nudity-should-be-exempt-from-penal-laws/u/24706317?cs_tk=Ainh8e3wU4qQE-T9CF0AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvG6lk56A7Zw7iy8cNuItq_A%3D&utm_campaign=2c85b204fbac489e949a63553457b05b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs

Jbee

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2019, 10:51:26 PM »

Well you've got to admire his cohones, being naked in public to make his point.  It costs millions to get elected, probably out of his reach.  However, if he can make the point about body freedom by campaigning...then good luck to him.  Really bad videos!  However, not a mention of the word nudity or naturism etc.  That's quite clever but doesn't clearly state what the demands/policies are.  Amongst the video clips I saw are one where he is campaigning from the shower.  That does seem a tiny bit odd as a forum for a presidential candidate. :)   I wish him well.  Can't be much worse than Trump!

John

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2019, 01:24:32 AM »
Bare-body Freedom guy running for president? Well I guess so.
Running for president in America has been a form of protest and/or advocacy for decades. It gives you a platform (although for some candidates, verrry short) to announce your agenda to the country and have the news organizations listen. Until they decide you arenít worth the effort.

But itís an American tradition I support and think is great.

Duane

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
News organizations listen? The only candidates that they pay any attention to anymore must be of the two political parties.

At least he is trying and drawing some little attention to the issue.

It's like that (see I forgot her name) Democratic candidate, the book writer, who tried to mention how the food industry is creating the healthcare crisis, by selling stuff that isn't food, or is low quality food, and even hidden poison, making sure that people get sick. Her remarks were washed away, ignored. The media wants to address healthcare, but not address health. The eye is on the excitement of the horse race and ignoring the issues. The mindset is "them against us", vote against someone out of fear, and ignore the issues, or why we are supposed to be voting "for" someone. It keeps the process ignorant, more middle of the road and more manageable for the party ruler's agenda.

It is of concern to me that what is seen is only an eccentric, that nudity is seen as only eccentric, and as unrealistic as to think that he might take the energy and win. Still, personally, I think that he would make a better and more relevant president than nine out of ten of the party candidates that I see...maybe 28 out of the thirty....
Jbee

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 09:14:48 PM »
Upton Sinclair published "The Jungle" in 1906.

I probably have a worse diet than anyone here, yet I don't get sick. I have no idea what the quality of my food is. I have become cynical of all claims regarding food. I used to say that organic food means only that it contains no petroleum products but I believe I was mistaken. One could subsist on so-called fast food (I did for several years) and thrive. I even worked in a fast food place for years, too. What you can buy in such places is as pure as it can be. A lot of people, however, would be repulsed at having to dig up out of the ground what they eat, much less slaughter an animal for the meat.

The chief problem anyone has with food is that they don't get enough but others make up for it. The chief problem with health care in some places is that people have no insurance and there are no doctors and no hospitals. That is not to say there are no other problems with health care (or health insurance).

Regarding politics, I don't want any radicals in office. So you can put me down in the middle. Where the middle is depends on where the extreme ends happen to be at any given moment.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 03:30:12 AM »
When I subsisted on fast food, I got sick, I got dull, my face broke out, and I was barely out of my teens. This was back when fast food actually had some minor nutritional values like 50 years ago. When I got some actual food, things changed like night and day. There is plenty of science out there to refute the outrageous claim that you just made.

"What you can buy in such places is as pure as it can be." Maybe, but pure what?

BT, did you get up on the wrong side of bed today? This is the third post that I've found myself defending my stuff in concern of your posts. Oh well, It's okay to disagree.

The middle is no longer dictated by the extreme ends. It is determined by the perception of those that interpret the news and control the dialog. The middle is an illusion concocted by a network of ideologies that boil down to making money by undermining democracy.

To me, the status quo isn't working, isn't democratic, or just. It is exploitative, so my opinion is that it is a time for change, not slowly going downhill like a lobster in increasingly hot water, in the middle of the pot.
Jbee

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 11:12:11 AM »
If you expect me to always agree, this will no longer be a forum with a free exchange of ideas. There should be, shall we say, no control of the dialog.

So to continue.

What I mean by where the middle is, being determined by where the extreme ends are, is that that the location on the spectrum is relative. In other words, the middle, or the moderates, is not extreme. Money does not necessarily have anything to do with it, although the influence of money in politics is clearly not just an issue but a serious problem. It's called corruption. I don't know what you mean by a network of ideologies but making money, and lots of it, is the whole point of everything to some people. Maybe a lot of people. There are no moral limits to those people.

But make no mistake; not everything is about money.

I like to point out that all countries were and have been democracies. The only difference is in who gets to vote. In some places, even kings were elected. I realize, however, there has been a trend away from that in places like China, Russia and North Korea. I worry that it is possible here. The problem with for-life leaders is one of succession, except of course in North Korea.

If you wanted really pure and old-fashioned food, you'd like to visit an Amish farmer's market. But you might be dismayed at what pure and old-fashioned food is and you might not like those selling it.

Now what was the outrageous claim that I made. True, I was talking about when I actually worked in fast food (we didn't call it that) but that was fifty years ago. I'm sorry that it made you ill. The French fries were pure, plain potatoes. We even had a potato peeler. Nothing was grilled (where I worked); it was broiled. Everything else was just like you yourself could buy in the supermarket today, although I do wonder where you buy your food and what you actually eat. But just like me, I doubt you want anyone telling you what to eat or how much, no matter who it is.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »

Whilst not wanting to come between you two in the matter of what constitutes the middle (and don't get me started on averages, means and modes), I will venture to add to the fast food and nutrition question.
I agree with BT, purity, cleanliness and quality in fast food is not in doubt and none of the types of fast food are inherently bad.  However, as per Morgan Spurlock's argument in the film Super Size Me, it is the balance of the diet that can be deleterious to health.  And this is, as I understand it, always associated with repetitive and prolonged consumption and./or overconsumption.  If you eat 3 meals a day with a bakery item or ice cream afterwards at a fast food outlet that sells burgers or pizzas or chicken (no names no pack drill, eh?  ;) ) and full sugar coke, you are going to put on weight and the balance of secondary nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and roughage in your diet are likely to be adversely affected.  And that is what I think Jbee describes from his own experience, I feel.  And extreme diet issues aren't confined just to fast food eaters.  Strict Vegans can suffer from deficiencies of VitB12, Iron, VitD and Iodine.  Body builders can suffer from bad cholesterol based circulatory damage due to the amount of fatty meat they eat and I understand that their high protein diet doesn't half give them constipation! 
So, as in everything, balance, variety and moderation in nutrition is the way to go.
John

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 07:13:30 PM »
News (sic) organizations do listen, until they decide to ignore you. If you donít fall in line to the propaganda du jour, they just attempt to discredit. There is no-longer any desire or preference for healthy disagreement.

Quote from: Jbee
It is of concern to me that what is seen is only an eccentric, that nudity is seen as only eccentric . .

When I see someone in public that is wearing so little that you are aware that it wouldnít take much to be completely nude, I try to determine if that is a normal look for them or if they are trying to see if they are causing a reaction. If the latter, I do choose to see them as merely trying to attract attention. Usually you can tell if they are watching to see others reaction.

But seeing someone clearly dressed only out of necessity is, for me a normal thing. I do the same. I dress only as much as needed dependant on where I am going to be. Itís more simple that way. When I see that, I wonder what it would be like without having the clothing requirements.

Duane

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
Concerning food again, one can be grossly overweight and never eat at a fast food place. But the comment about super-size me is certainly true, even more so in regular restaurants. I don't know about trendy restaurants that charge twice as much for half the food, though. In any event, as long as people feed themselves, nobody else can be blamed. Can fat be outlawed? Did it work for alcohol? Is tobacco worse than marijuana? I worked on a tobacco farm one summer and I know what it's like to handle tobacco. Bob Newhart did a hilarious routine about talking (on the phone, of course) to Sir Walter Raleigh about the newly introduced tobacco. "You do what with it?"

It should not be taken as granted that people who are on the heavy side (not 'grossly overweight') are unhealthy. In fact, they may even be stronger than the average person, if that means anything. There is a reason football players don't look like marathon runners. I don't know which lives the longest but that's not the object in either game. Thoreau said that when it came time to die, he didn't want to discover that he hadn't lived. But I've lived over 25 years longer than he did, so I take things he said with a grain of salt.

And speaking of salt, frequent references are made about sodium in food products. This produce contains no sodium. I should hope not! Hopefully it won't contain any chlorine either. But salt is not sodium. Nobody goes to the store to buy a bag of sodium.