Author Topic: FreeHiking group in NW Oregon  (Read 895 times)

Rebus

• View Profile
FreeHiking group in NW Oregon
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:23:30 PM »
For those available in the Portland area July 25-29, join in nude day hikes each day with a group who will be camping each night at Mountaindale Sun Resort and traveling each day to a different hiking location between Portland and the coast.  Registration is via Meetup site http://meetu.ps/e/F7Pxd/zSLLG/f
Hurry as I believe registration deadline is presently set at June 30th.

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Re: FreeHiking group in NW Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
Sounds like fun.   Take advantage of legal nudity in Oregon.  I hope you are successful. 
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

Rebus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 04:54:39 PM »
That's the idea.  It's generally not illegal in Oregon.  Last year clothed encounters were actually rare as weekdays are lightly traveled but this year includes a weekend.  There was one encounter with a clothed couple hiking out as we were hiking in.  I encountered them first as I was ahead of the group.  We exchanged pleasantries and chatted for a while.  As it turned out they were inspired to strip and hike the rest of the way back in the nude (except shoes).  Still at the trailhead when we returned some time later, they thanked us, sharing that it was the first time they had ever hiked in the nude and what a wonderful experience it was.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 10:48:42 PM »
That is a pleasant encounter to hear about. Please, I'd like to hear all about it.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

Rebus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 12:54:46 AM »
Well, some additional detail -- It was a very narrow heavily forested trail and I saw them approaching first so I stepped off the trail to leave them room to pass but it was rather steep so I was supporting myself with one arm holding a tree as they neared with her in front.  They still had not noticed me standing behind the tree so I greeted them but with the proximity it startled her.  (I'm a slender guy so the tree mostly blocked their view of me.)  They appeared to be nearing 50 years old.  Here I was a solitary nude guy standing next to the trail as the rest of the group was still out of view.  I engaged them in casual conversation for a while and they commented about my hiking "free".  I said yes and conveyed how comfortable it was (it was a warm day), and let them know they were about to encounter a whole group of us "free" hikers.

Later on when the group caught up to me they mentioned they had also chatted a while with the couple.  I had apparently stimulated their curiosity and they had thought up some questions to ask.

There is a small fast moving river near the trailhead and when our group returned the couple was at the trailhead and let us know they had hiked the rest of the trail nude after our previous encounter and spent time nude at the river in the sunshine -- apparently the first time in their long marriage they had done something like that and they were joyous about the whole experience and by the sounds of it it wasn't going to be their last time.  It really seemed to spark something in their relationship, which was wonderful to see.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:20:49 AM by Rebus »

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 04:52:15 PM »
We're all naturist, we just don't know it yet.... ;)
Jbee

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 12:53:54 AM »
There is a small fast moving river near the trailhead and when our group returned the couple was at the trailhead and let us know they had hiked the rest of the trail nude after our previous encounter and spend time nude at the river in the sunshine -- apparently the first time in their long marriage they had done something like that and they were joyous about the whole experience and by the sounds of it it wasn't going to be their last time.  It really seemed to spark something in their relationship, which was wonderful to see.

That's a wonderful experience.   Many people would love to be naked in the woods if someone gives them "permission."  They wear clothes because clothes are "required."  Meeting your group lifted the cultural control they have had to live with and they responded by celebrating being natural in nature.  Hooray for everyone involved. 

I have long believed that a percent of those who see us naked will sooner or later give it a try and enjoy being free.  Seeing a naked person shows that it is possible and acceptable to part of the "others."  What will others think?  Some others will applaud nudism. 

So glad they found you.   

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 02:43:05 PM »

Yes, it's nice, Rebus, that you created some 'converts' from your good example i.e. that you were enjoying your nudity peaceably and that it was a positive experience for you and your companions.

Hmm...maybe all we need to create a worldwide naturist emancipation is a full 50,000 seat auditorium in 50 states and 100 countries, a microphone and no clothes!
Hallelujah!!
John   ;D

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
If it wasn't illegal, we could do these things. Incremental, a naturally clad body would become a norm, accepted as it is, no big deal to others.

Oh, to have the carrot to draw people to a large gathering, but require them to be nude. In mass, they would have to notice that it was harmless and liberating, if not want more. They would feel at last more comfortable with their physics, their perceived flaws, after seeing so many others as they truly are perfect in their imperfection.

What would they trade for their clothing for a few hours? Just the weighing and contemplation would give them a new consideration of the value of presenting oneself as oneself, instead of hiding under a false charade. Of course some would dig in even deeper, without trying it.

Even though these nude venues draw a small percentage of the population, for example the nude restaurants, the publicity makes people think and talk about it. Many will project themselves into it and give their values some reconsideration. They see others are doing it, and that is just the same peer conformity that keeps them in clothes and oppressed. They can see possibilities, adventure, or excitement.
Jbee

Rebus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 03:00:27 AM »
See https://www.facebook.com/events/244780216090407/

I'm actually in the middle of the banner line-up.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 06:38:13 AM »
See https://www.facebook.com/events/244780216090407/

I'm actually in the middle of the banner line-up.

Looks good.   Wish I could go.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 07:14:26 AM »
Please, keep me notified. I may very well be up that way for a time next summer 2019.
Jbee

Rebus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 07:18:40 AM »
Returned from the five days of nude group hiking in the Tillamook OR area.  It went well and we had about a dozen hikers at various locations.  We base camped at Mountaindale Resort and I happened to run into a familiar looking guy there.  We started chatting and he, not recognizing me told me of how he got into nudism, relating a story of how a year ago he and his wife happened to run into a group of nude hikers.  He informed me his wife took to it enthusiastically while he was at first hesitant, but now they travel around to various naturist destinations.  It's opened a new chapter in their relationship. I had to share with him that I was that nude guy he first encountered.
 8)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 10:43:24 PM »
Looking a lot different out of context and dressed?
Jbee

Rebus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 12:10:53 AM »
Looking a lot different out of context and dressed?
Jbee

Could be. In last year's forest encounter described a few posts earlier and this year at the naturist resort, there was some difference in that I was wearing shoes and a hydration pack the first time and nothing the second time.  :)

Actually, I assume the first encounter with a nude person was a bit overwhelming and he may have been focused as much on his wife, gauging her reaction, as me -- along with the passage of time.