Author Topic: History Mistaken for Current Fact  (Read 166 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
History Mistaken for Current Fact
« on: March 27, 2019, 07:16:15 AM »
I bumped into this smear campaign published by a gal who was part of the free beach movement back when. Nearly all is based on information from 30 to 60 years ago. There have been problems over the years in nudist resorts, once every couple of decades. The opening volley is sensational and an over exaggeration of her evidence. I have to wonder where she is actually coming from. So, I found her bio.

At resorts and any landless group, there have been strict photography policies. Parents who donít educate children in or out of a nudist venue are playing with fire. These days, such education is everywhere, in schools especially. This was the free beaches of California mostly during the sexual revolution, not in this century, which is definitely different. So, why does this putz persist, or update? She doesnít hang out at resorts, and so appears clueless.

She uses as an example , a story from a female who was in an adolescent conflict with her over controlling, abusive father, back when such behavior was rampant in society. It is all about the relationship, but she accuses naturism as the culprit.

Location of story deleted by Jbee

So, I wrote her at: nikkicraft@gmail.com

"Nikki, I recently read your site in concern of pedophiles in the naturist movement. Thank-you for showing me evidence that sexual predation of children only happens every ten years, or so, in naturists communities. It is reassuring that the ban on photography in such locations is having effect. It is reassuring that the education in the public and their schools has contributed to childrenís safety. It is interesting to have read your historic naturistís viewpoint.

Perhaps, it is time to tone down your opening volley of a statement that expresses a world 50 and 60 years ago. Back when most women were conned into knowing their ďplaceĒ and getting smacked by a controlling husband was okay. There is a place for a watchdog in concern of this issue, BUT sensationalizing the extent of a problem without even comparing it to the figures on the outside is not justice.

Anyone who doesnít educate their child of dangers in life is playing with fire. This isnít just a naturistís problem. My kid was raised safe. My kid was raised without body shame. He was never forced into anything. Your site comes across as hysterical and historical. It needs an update to this new century. Claiming it as present is dishonest. I read your bio- page and believe that you value truth."

I hope that she updates. It is old stuff. It is unreal stuff. 7 million people read that thing. What could be done?
Jbee
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:18:31 PM by jbeegoode »
Barefoot all over, all over.

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Re: History Mistaken for Current Fact
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 04:23:56 PM »
Nikki Craft began attacking nudism a long time ago.  Her emotion laden hate is disappointing.  Apparently she was originally a regular nudist with some position in one or more nudist groups, and then went off the psychological deep end.   It's sad that she's still around. 
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
Yes, a very long time ago. It has been several years since her last update and apparently nobody has sent her any new material. She was rubbing shoulders back in the 1980's, and the people that she is attacking are mostly dead. Yet, she puts out some facts and innuendo from an earlier life of a movement and people will believe her. The 1st Amendment's shortcoming, I suppose, gotta live with it. Jefferson warned about ignorant masses. People are played upon by their fears, especially fears for their children....

I suppose that this is buried in positive material on the net. I  did a major search a few years ago on children and nudity for a thesis paper and just found it by accident last night, while reading something else.

I hope that she doesn't receive that email and I stir up that nest of hornets under her bonnet. ;D
Jbee

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
Internet search software like Google counts the number of time the link is posted on other web sites. The more times it is linked, the more prominent the site is featured on web searches.   Posting a link to Nikki Craft's crapola will increase the number counted.  Just saying. 

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »
JBG, I'm afraid that if anyone has brought up ancient history and made it seem significant, it's you. As you say, Nikki Craft's material was mostly outdated when she posted it, but now her entire page is history too, and you've given it some new publicity. We can say that about it, but we should also admit that she got her facts right. All those things really did happen.

Back in the 1980s Nikki Craft had a romantic relationship with Lee Baxandall, the founder of the Naturist Society, and in a blatant conflict of interest he put her on the payroll. That gave her access to all the information coming into the office, and when she became disillusioned with Lee and TNS and walked out, she took some of that material with her. How legal or ethical this was, I don't know, but it was embarrassing at the time.

About 15 years ago, Nikki Craft seemed to lose interest in naturism and moved on to other areas of activism, such as animal rights and radical feminism, and a little climate change. For instance, she presented Andrea Dworkin's work on the internet, but she seems to be quite careful about details of her personal life. I just did a quick search on her, and I was surprised to find a recent picture, but she is active on Twitter. Her Wikipedia entry says she was born in 1949, so she'll be turning 70 this year. Heroes and villains, we're all getting old.

By the way, my search brought up the fact that Nikki Craft isn't her legal name, something I'd never heard before. If that's true, then she could be living anywhere, next door to one of us, perhaps! Actually no, I don't think she'd be the kind of neighbor that you'd be unaware of.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
Internet search software like Google counts the number of time the link is posted on other web sites. The more times it is linked, the more prominent the site is featured on web searches.   Posting a link to Nikki Craft's crapola will increase the number counted.  Just saying.
OOh! Good to know. What other criteria does the software use? Or is this just one small step?
Jbee

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
OOh! Good to know. What other criteria does the software use? Or is this just one small step?
Jbee

Criteria for being listed high on the list varies somewhat between search companies, but how often a site is linked from other sites is pretty much universal.  They also count "traffic," how many times someone followed the links and opened the site.   Their search engine Spiders follow all links, and find all the links on sites linked to, then repeat.  The more times their spider finds a link to the same site the more popular they think it is so it gets higher ranked on their results.   Of late they have also apparently started censoring results, and of course you can pay to have your site at the top of their list. 

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 10:23:09 PM »
Guess I'll need to visit my site through this one.... ;) ;D

A couple of people do pingbacks of my site and draw extra readers there. I now suppose that they are helping me out.

Jbee
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 11:09:53 PM by jbeegoode »