Author Topic: John is not the only nudist cruising UK canals.  (Read 176 times)

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
John is not the only nudist cruising UK canals.
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »
Found this on the SUN web site.  Nudists go on canal cruise.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8798691/nudists-naked-canal-cruise-pictures/

FISH AND STRIP Dozens of nudists tuck into fish and chippy tea on naked canal cruise
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: John is not the only nudist cruising UK canals.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »
Take away the legal problems and thing seem to be getting fun and normal over there.

The Sun. Is that the one with the big babe pics on the cover? Is this naked body exploitation, or just subtly so, as the media tends to do?
Is it there to sell newspapers, or inform, or both?

Anyway, it is a good message.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 07:20:05 PM »
The Sun was indeed the paper with tits and bums. .. and yes they probably thought it might help to sell a few extra papers, but not as many as the T & B pictures the paper is well known for.

It was a good trip. I don't think anyone expected quite so much press coverage. Naturism will be truly accepted when the press think its so normal as not to want to take any notice.

It was pouring with rain but we were snug and warn in the boast. Not only fish 'n chips but a bar as well.

Davie  8)

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 07:42:05 PM »
The Sun. Is that the one with the big babe pics on the cover? Is this naked body exploitation, or just subtly so, as the media tends to do?  Is it there to sell newspapers, or inform, or both?
Anyway, it is a good message.Jbee

All publicity is good publicity.   The SUN exploits photos of  naked people having fun doing ordinary things while naked.  The message is that naked is an acceptable and fun way to dress while having fish and tea. 

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 07:43:47 PM »
It was a good trip. I don't think anyone expected quite so much press coverage. Naturism will be truly accepted when the press think its so normal as not to want to take any notice.
It was pouring with rain but we were snug and warn in the boast. Not only fish 'n chips but a bar as well.
Davie  8)

So you were there Davie.   Good for you.   Wish we had such fun activities here. 

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »
The Sun. Is that the one with the big babe pics on the cover? Is this naked body exploitation, or just subtly so, as the media tends to do?  Is it there to sell newspapers, or inform, or both?
Anyway, it is a good message.Jbee

All publicity is good publicity.   The SUN exploits photos of  naked people having fun doing ordinary things while naked.  The message is that naked is an acceptable and fun way to dress while having fish and tea.

Agreed, Bob.  Well said.  Even negative publicity often exposes (pun intended) the naturist cause to better public understanding (e.g. Gough).
The Sun and The Mirror, The Daily Star and others, now long gone, used to have a pin up topless model on Page 3 daily.  They were shamed by feminists into stopping it and also the realisation that half of their readership were women who weren't too bothered about looking at young girls' tits (i.e. the mammary kind not the garden bird kind) and many men were just not bothered about ogling topless models with their morning cuppa. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Page_3
And Davie!  You were actually there.  I hope it was as good a 'do' as it looked.  I bet it was hot in the barge with all of you squeezed in there including John Rodgers (Johnbare) of blessed memory.  You still out there John?  I read it was you who organised it.  One question:  Did the boat go anywhere or was it static?

John

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »
It was a cold rainy evening and at first the boat was chilly but it warmed up nicely. The boat was on the move, only stopping briefly to pick up the fish 'n chips. If one was to be constructively critical, I think a little later in the year would be good as once it got dark we lost the view of the countryside we were gliding through. Having said that if the event is repeated to the same time of year in the future, yes I'll be there.

A well worth while and lovely naturist experience.

Davie  8)