Author Topic: Hello from UK  (Read 2410 times)

ot-outdoors

• View Profile
Hello from UK
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:05:11 AM »
Hello everyone.

I'd not heard of FRN before, but I'm very pleased to have found this forum. I'm relatively new to the game. I've tried a few beaches over the years, which were pleasant enough, but I get bored after a while. The idea of walking or hiking, and being remote and away from the crowds is much more my cup of tea. I've had a few successful walks, but rarely more than a mile.

I'm in the south-east, which doesn't make finding isolated trails very easy, I'm hoping to find some advice or inspiration on here. :)

I may also be Lincolnshire way next week and have the opportunity to seek out some walks. Does anyone know the Wolds that well? Having said that, the forecast's looking pretty dismal for next week, but I can but hope for at least one bright day. :)

Davie

• View Profile
Re: Hello from UK
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 10:08:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum. You've found a friendly and diverse site which  I hope you enjoy. I'm Midlands based but by use of the good old Ordnance Survey maps manage to find good walks quite close to home in North Brum. I completed a seven and an eight mile walk last week and didn't see anyone whilst walking across the fields

Davie 8)

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
Welcome, Ot-outdoors.

If you're in the Southeast, you definitely should investigate the Naturist Ramblers, who do walks reachable from London, mostly in Kent and Sussex. I've been out with them several times while I've been on trips to England, and they're a very welcoming group. Just like you, I was dubious that they could find good places for nude walking in such a densely populated area, but they really do have a good collection of routes that are in surprisingly quiet places. Though with the present state of the law in England, it doesn't really make a huge difference.
http://www.justwearasmile.co.uk/natram/index.htm

And please join in discussions here! New viewpoints are always welcome.

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:49:24 PM »
Welcome ot-outdoors.  Free range is more fun than factory farmed nudism.
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

Karla

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 12:26:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum :)

ot-outdoors

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 07:31:46 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Davie, I know the midlands quite well. I scouted out parts of Cannock Chase last year but found it was just too busy. Lots of mountain bikers! It's good to hear you've managed to find such long walks elsewhere. I sometimes use OpenStreetMap to look for suitable routes (it shows footpaths). Perhaps I need to look more for field walks, like you mentioned.

John P, I've checked out that rambling group link. It does look well organised and fun. Not sure how I'd feel being in such a large group. There is something of safety in numbers though I suppose. :)

OT

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 07:44:47 PM »
I'd never walk naked on Cannock Chase as there's too many horse riders, cyclists, runners and walkers. It can also be dangerous to walk off the paths as mining subsidence has caused potential dangers.

I had a lovely experience yesterday. I have a route which takes me across a field and onto woodland. For a change I extended the walk to the other side of a stream which runs parallel to the original walk. It was lovely with a broad swath of grass land before entering a wood. From the woods I could see workmen in one of the fields I would have walked across. I'm making the most of these walks as part of my local walk routes will be torn up by HS2. (The new high speed railway)

Apart from the workman I saw one elderly gent. I was actually clothed at that point as I was walking on the public path right at the bottom of house. I saw him coming in the 100 yard clothed bit, so an encounter of the clothed kind.

Davie  8)