Author Topic: Pinea  (Read 133 times)

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
Pinea
« on: June 01, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »
I like hiking, running, kayaking, biking, sailing, geocaching...naked of course!

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Pinea
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 07:18:36 PM »

Sounds as though your shorts were on and off quite a lot on that hike. 
JMF, do you ever go to the same place more than once.  You seem to have an infinity of locations to hike in.  Wonderful.
John

On dirait que vos shorts étaient très souvent montés et descendus lors de cette randonnée. Était-ce souvent?
JMF, allez-vous au même endroit plus d'une fois? Vous semblez avoir des endroits infinis pour faire de la randonnée. Merveilleux.
John

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 01:09:50 AM »
A Frenchman once told me that "un pantalon court" is "un short", singular not plural. French is consistent, even when it's English!

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 10:32:07 AM »

JMF, do you ever go to the same place more than once.  You seem to have an infinity of locations to hike in.  Wonderful.
John

Yes, indeed, I am fortunate to have many places to hike. There are three massifs surrounding the city. But there are a few courses that I particularly appreciate and that I can do in different seasons.
I like hiking, running, kayaking, biking, sailing, geocaching...naked of course!

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:56:53 PM »
Yes, kinda crowded up there on that day. So, good to get off of the beaten path, finally. It must have felt peaceful at last.

I notice that you are still using sticks for support. I remember seeing you with them for Winter snow trekking, but not so much on warm days. They tend to have me bending over, leaning on them, or they just get in the way. I find that I don't use my natural balance as much and my posture suffers. Are you going to use them more often, and why do you use them?

That looks like a wonderful place to hike. Were there water sources, or did you have to pack your water?
Jbee
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:58:58 PM by jbeegoode »
Barefoot all over, all over.

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 10:17:10 AM »

I notice that you are still using sticks for support. I remember seeing you with them for Winter snow trekking, but not so much on warm days. They tend to have me bending over, leaning on them, or they just get in the way. I find that I don't use my natural balance as much and my posture suffers. Are you going to use them more often, and why do you use them?

That looks like a wonderful place to hike. Were there water sources, or did you have to pack your water?
Jbee

I have been using walking sticks all year round for the past ten years or so. In winter, on snow with wider washers.  On the way up, their support maximizes the momentum and allows me to stay straighter, on the way down, I extend them and they just help to balance.
For water I take a one-litre bottle, but in fact I drink very little on my hikes.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
It is interesting that you drink very little when hiking, as you just mentioned. I realized that I don't either, even on a rather long hike of, say, ten miles, even on a hot day. I imagine that some would find that horrifying and suggest that I am too incompetent to be allowed to go out by myself. Yet I've never seemed to suffer any ill consequences as a result, not even a headache. However, that was when hiking nude, although no difference when clothed. It may be that some go overboard with "rehydrating." I still carry water, though. But I've been paring down the list of things I do carry, gradually deciding that some things really aren't necessary or essential on even a long hike, at least on a somewhat familiar trail. The trail is the only really essential thing.

I use a stick when hiking but it's just a plain wooden stick cut in the woods. It's really only for balance but it gets carried more than used. If I were fancy, I'd put little metal badges on it but they are varnished.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 05:08:57 PM »
 notice all kinds of symptoms of dehydration here in the desert. One reason is DF declaring that I don't drink enough, another is how I was trained to drink water in the Boyscouts in New Mexico.

DF has mastication problems from thyroid operation many years ago. I spit a lot more. She drinks lots of water, on hikes. We have to carry extra for her. She thinks that I should too. I was brought up on a canteen and warnings to not drink too much at a time. I do alright, when I get thirsty, I drink. When my mouth is dry, I drink. Sometimes I swish, sometimes I gulp it down, realizing how much I need.

Desert hot days running out of water can be very hazardous and hit relatively quickly. Running out of water when hiking is a major concern of mine. Wobbly ad blacking out can sneak up on a hiker.

I'm working daily on my muscle band that wraps around my lower back and into the groin area for my hernia. It has much to do with balance. I figure that I'm best to not neglect use of balance, because I am setting myself up. On the other hand, slipping and falling more immediately could be a problem and it may slow me up to not use sticks for four points. 'Ol natural Jbee is opting for the balance of the body and working at youthful elasticity, wiggly hips and strength to climb. I notice the difference, but I may be more deteriorated than others. What weight is carried on a back and being more top heavy is a factor, too.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.