Author Topic: Nudity in Temperature Extremes  (Read 462 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: Nudity in Temperature Extremes
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
Yea, the poison scorpions eat a lot of the other insects. ;D

And the bats. The monsoons have arrived piecemeal and late, but the town mosquitoes are now out. I don't know if I will be tolerating these mosquitoes in town. Maybe, I can find a solution different from town.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »

I'm sure we do have midges in England, Peter S, don't we.  I got bit by a load a few weeks ago when gardening at dusk.
If they weren't midges, what were they?  You can always tell when there's horse flies as they are bigger and noisier.
I think they just have loads more midges in Scotland!
John

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 10:27:28 PM »
With the recent grasshopper migration here we have some well fed birds, lizards, bats and if you believe what you read, coyotes. The lizards the keep the bug population in our back yard in check are not minding this at all.

As for dealing with the mosquitos, Iíve read that eating certain foods can help keep them away. You can also alter the Ph of your skin through diet. There is probably something you can do to make yourself less tasty.  i.e. Garlic! !

I vant to drink your blood !! NOT ! ;D

Duane

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 02:58:45 AM »

I'm sure we do have midges in England, Peter S, don't we.  I got bit by a load a few weeks ago when gardening at dusk.
If they weren't midges, what were they?  You can always tell when there's horse flies as they are bigger and noisier.
I think they just have loads more midges in Scotland!
John

Yes, but our midges are pale sassenach imitations of the Scottish breed, which have been brought up watching old Braveheart movies and having fang upgrades in the Clydeside dockyards. English midges? Pan, wimps!