Author Topic: Walk in Yeldew's Woods  (Read 385 times)

nuduke

• View Profile
Walk in Yeldew's Woods
« on: July 20, 2019, 05:08:09 PM »

Last Saturday, in the company of our colleague Yeldew (Norman), I shared a lovely walk in some woods that he frequented.
Norman and I have got to know each other rather better because we both go to the same naturist swim - he every meeting and me occasionally when I get the chance.
We got chatting about our respective naturist activities and I discovered that Norman goes regularly on the Naturist Ramblers hikes and goes abroad with his small camper van to join Sunseekers, a group that do naturist walking in Europe.  His visits to this woodland were frequent over many years and I expressed an interest so he invited me to join him.  This was all contingent on me being able to avoid my dear wife's disapproval and possibly presenting me with some vital reason to be at home!  But we managed to find the 13th July in our respective diaries as a mutually convenient date for a rendezvous.

This required some weeks 'conditioning' of my wife to expect me to go on this naked expedition and on the day, despite her third or fourth expression of her hatred of my naturism and being unable to fathom why I wanted to do such things, she nevertheless didn't put any barriers up to my going and she bid me a grudging cheerio about 9.30 on that morning.  It was a reasonably nice day being forecast mainly cloudy with sunny intervals, 18-20 degC with <5% chance of rain. 
The drive to the rendezvous point for me was a bit short of 40 minutes and
I called Norman ahead to say I was on the road and he was there when I arrived to greet each other, tuck our cars to either side of the well-maintained entry gate (in case any tractors needed to get in) and load up our light walking packs on our shoulders.

We entered the wood by the gate onto well made wide paths of crushed stone between high trees in this old but well maintained forest.

After only about 100 yards and round a bend out of sight of the gate, Norman announced that this was where he usually got naked.  So we did.  He strongly advised using insect repellant as he had been there the previous day and had been bitten quite a few times on the legs and buttocks by horse flies from the fields at one extreme of the woods.  I chatted and sprayed deet on my body but must have carelessly forgotten my face and neck because on the following morning, I had 6 or 7 bites on forehead and neck.  How the little beggers do it without you noticing I shall never understand!  Hope yours have stopped itching, Norman!

We walked on and I remarked that on such a wide and well made path I would never normally get naked for fear of encounters.  Norman assured me that in years of walking here he had encountered almost no one and that was usually a forestry worker or two that bid him a cheery 'hello'.  So I settled down with the confidence of Norman's past experience to enjoy the walk.

And it wasn't long before the main path that as laid for access by tractors and trucks, began to fade into mere tractor ruts and as Norman walked us off the beaten track where the beautiful lush woodland undergrowth had all but reclaimed the tracks of forest management.

After only about half an hour we stopped for a sip of water and a sit down.  Not because we needed it particularly but because it was somewhere to sit in a wood that Norman informed me was so well managed that there was virtually nowhere to sit.

After a while we strode on and as the undergrowth got denser I began to feel the delight and deep pleasure of being naked in nature.  At one point I asked Norman to carry my pack and boots so I could be fully naked.   "There," I said "Completely naked. Aaahhh".  "No you're not!" remarked Norman "You've still go your glasses on!"  We laughed but that was an example of how difficult it is to get really away from it ALL.  Even in this large wood which was bisected by a main 'A' road we could often catch the sound of distant traffic.  But peace reigned in this woodland with thick undergrowth and as we walked with depth of undergrowth darkening the space beyond the fringes of the path.

We walked on and Norman became a little uncertain of our position (no cell signal and he had forgotten his GPS!) and we entered a clearing with a fallen tree.  "Good spot for lunch" I ventured and though it was a bit early, we enjoyed our sandwiches in the relative comfort of somewhere to sit and the small travel rug that Norman had remembered!

By this time we were 3/4 round our circular trip and the final surprise that Norman took me to was a fenced compound of deserted derelict concrete buildings which looked as though they had been a military facility at one time (which I forgot to photograph, sorry!).  They were covered in graffiti, indicating that others had indeed been here with less benign intentions than a bit of naturist walking.  And then we crossed a relatively new bit of made road, with pavement maybe 50 yards or so connecting with an existing road.  That seemed to me to be the pre-preparation for some sort of development of the site in the future, perhaps putting paid to nude forays.  We shall see. 
And we proceeded back to our origin as the wood became younger and more open and the forestry more evident with trees more in in rows and more uniform widths.

We arrived back at the disrobing point about two and a half hours later.  That was by far the longest naked walk I had ever had.  A new record and indeed a new target for me.  Routine for Norman but very special for me.  So thank you friend Yeldew for that great experience and let us repeat the pleasure again!
Hope you all enjoyed this report,
John

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Walk in Yeldew's Woods
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 05:13:37 PM »

By the way, folks, that was the second attempt at that report!  I had got down to the second to last picture and the last paragraph when I accidently pressed the ctrl key instead of the shift key immediately above it and then whichever key closes the browser tab (W I think!) - I lost the lot!  So I was prepared to do the whole thing again to tell you about our trip!  Narcissism or Colleagueship?  You decide! :D
John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 02:25:13 AM »
I'm so pleased that you got a 2 1/2 hour trek in such a peaceful apparently user-friendly environment.
40 minutes, that ain't such a bad distance.

I was thinking, "oh why did he tell his wife?" Honesty is the best policy, but then again you could be having a new hobby of hiking and get away much more often and Yeldew wouldn't seen to be the devilish bad influence that he is. ;) ;D

40 minutes is a fair distance. We usually have to travel close to that long, unless it is Tortolita.

So, what's next? Naturist Ramblers?
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »
All my sympathies about making a long post--or even a short one--only to have it completely disappear because of a misbehaving finger. I have thought of writing a contribution with Word, then copying it here, only I never have. I struggle with the technology and my penmanship isn't so good, either.

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 08:57:14 PM »
So, what's next? Naturist Ramblers?
Jbee

When I spent a few months in England in 2016, I met Norman "Yeldew" on a couple of Naturist Ramblers trips, and I can attest that he is a very pleasant guy to spend a few hours with.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 11:49:38 PM »
All my sympathies about making a long post--or even a short one--only to have it completely disappear because of a misbehaving finger. I have thought of writing a contribution with Word, then copying it here, only I never have. I struggle with the technology and my penmanship isn't so good, either.

I don't know if anybody currently does the write-with-Word-then-paste-onto-forum thing but in the past when doing a long report, I have done that.  Some people certainly did do that back in the old days of TSNS.  Larry Tanman particularly.  Once I PM'd him to ask about some report or discussion that had happened some years in the past and he trotted his posts out by return, having written them all first on Word and kept the lot.  I think he'd even pasted the discussion posts back onto the Word document in some cases.  Dedicated naturist was/is Larry.  As I've said many times, I wish he was still an active member of the forum and have always felt a bit miffed that after years of effusive conversation he just faded away quite quickly.  Ah well, that's life...as Shakespeare didn't say.
John

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 01:40:05 AM »
That has happened to me, too. That is, having a frequent and regular correspondent completely disappear from contact. The two I'm thinking of, though, were at least ten years ago. In addition to that, two different forums disappeared after, I think, several years worth of activity. One of the, however, was a Yahoo Group, which was a very limiting venue for hosting anything. It is said that anything written on the internet is there forever but I have my doubts.

All good things must come to an end someday.

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »
I remember my 1st long free roaming hike John. Itís a rejuvenating feeling. Nothing better for the soul. Great to have been with a fellow hiker of the same disposition.

More hikes to come I hope.

Duane

P.S., John, losing a post has happened to me before. I started typing them in a document and getting in the habit of saving frequently. Less likely to lose one that way. It also enables you to look back at what you posted even if the site disappears.