Author Topic: The Secret Naturist Handbook  (Read 52788 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: The Secret Naturist Handbook
« Reply #630 on: January 14, 2022, 08:10:51 PM »
Loss of water through perspiration is something to pay attention to. In a dry heat without clothing perspiration is less easy to detect. It evaporate off quickly. Dehydration can be closer that you realize. Salty dry skin is there as evidence, but tasting yourself constantly isn't helpful.

Hot days generally mean more direct sunshine and risk of sunburn. I have to be concerned with the bridge of my nose and may shoulders, even when I have a good base-coat brown tan going.

The humidity in enclosed wet forests can be very intense. dipping in streams, or a piece of wet cloth to cool, or being conscious of shade can increase comfort, or even be life saving.

Wet, or dry, I feel more comfortable naked. I note the shade and cooling breeze, the little micro climates, like cool air in a creek bed falling down a hill and it is so much more sensual an experience to breathe and see with the entire body. Wrapped up in wet, even soggy clothing, to me is misery, keeping the excrement from my pores around my body, instead of disregarding it all naturally. It clings and feels restrictive, unnecessary and uncomfortable.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

Greenbare Woods

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #631 on: January 16, 2022, 05:54:03 PM »

Hot days generally mean more direct sunshine and risk of sunburn.
Jbee

I would gladly trade 20 acres of snow and ice for a few hot days. 
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 17, 2022, 12:02:15 AM »
I second that, Bob.  It's cold, wet and shivery in our corner of the UK at present.
John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2022, 05:44:22 PM »
I would rather die than suffer the imprisonment of the cold misery that I used to live in months and months out of the year. I am now spoiled, to disliking a mild winter two to three months a year. I even intend to break that up with with a trip to the tropical nude beaches.

I like my dry heat. The choice between too hot and too cold, would always be hot.

I remember hanging out in Gulfport, Mississippi, taking a shower, fresh clothing and being soaked by the time I made it out to my car in the parking lot. I remember sitting idly, trapped in Barranquilla, Colombia, waiting for the sun to go down, so I could go outside and move. The original natives in places like that were always naked. Today, they wear light clothing and go to the coastal beaches to cool off in bikinis.

Naked makes heat better, or pretty darn nice.
Jbee

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 22, 2022, 09:24:02 PM »
Micro-climate: From "The Secret Naturist Handbook"

A micro-climate is the distinctive climate of a small-scale area, such as a garden, park, woodland, valley or urban area. The weather variables in a microclimate, such as temperature, rainfall or wind, may be subtly different to the conditions prevailing over the area as a whole and it is these subtle differences and exceptions to the rule that make microclimates so important to secret naturists wishing to continue their activities throughout the year.

When the weather conditions are generally too cold, or conversely too hot, for comfortable outdoor nudity, we need to seek locations where these factors are more conducive to nudity. Woodland areas are good example of micros-climates as these can be cooler and less windy than surrounding grassland areas, with the trees acting as a windbreak and the incoming solar radiation being 'filtered' by the leaves and branches. However, these differences vary depending on the season, i.e. whether the trees are in leaf, and the type of vegetation, i.e. deciduous or evergreen.

For secret naturists, the most overlooked type of habitat where micro-climates occur, are urban areas. Here, weather conditions can be quite different from the surrounding countryside. For example:

Sunshine duration - 5 to 15% less.
   Annual mean temperature - 1 to 2 degrees warmer.
   Temperatures on sunny days - 2 to 6 degrees higher.
   Occurrence of frosts - 2 to 3 weeks less.
   Relative humidity in winter - 2% less.
   Relative humidity in summer - 8 to 10% less.
   Total precipitation - 5 to 30% more.
   Number of rain days - 10% more.
   Number of days with snow - 14% less.
   Cloud cover - 5 to 10% more.
   Occurrence of fog in winter - 100% more.

Generally, urban micro-climates are wetter but milder than the surrounding countryside and this can be put to good use by the secret naturist during the cooler months.

Finding locations where micro-climates occur that are of benefit to the secret naturist is really a matter considering how any given area will effect the different elements that make up the weather. For example:

Shelter from a cooling wind.
   Protection from precipitation.
   Degree of shade - for keeping cool.
   Lack of shade from sun - for heat gain.
   Drainage - dry ground is warmer than wet areas.
   Terrain - e.g. rock absorbs heat.
   Elevation above sea level.
   Aspect - i.e. of south facing or not.

A typical example of a location that offers a regular micro-climate of benefit to the secret naturist are quarries. In and around my local patch there are numerous disused quarries with a good example being Middleton Quarry near Edinburgh. Here, the south are of the quarry is below the level of the surrounding land and is well sheltered from the wind. being south-facing it also traps the suns rays and can be warm enough for extended nudity, even although the surrounding farmland has frost on the ground.

When naked, secret naturist are much more able to detect the subtle differences in micro-climate locations. Our skin, itself an organ of the body, is very good at detecting the slightest difference in temperature and we can put this to good effect on our outings. When out and about and you encounter an area that seems warmer than the surrounding area, have a look about and see if it might also provide those conditions during the cooler months. If so, keep a note, and you may be able to use this location for nudity during these cooler times.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 22, 2022, 10:34:51 PM »
There's a lot t say about micro-climates. The statistics that Lookee presents about urban areas is very curious to me.The heat is greater because of hot motors, asphalt and lack of vegetation.

There used to be a time temp screen at a bank at one of th busy intersections in town. I always thought that the temp was broken. My business had an account on that corner. On the hottest day in history, my partner found the temp at the back door of the Good Earth Restaurant (where the air-conditioner had given up the ghost from overwork) was 135F! That sign had been correct. I just had the air on my car on, all of those years.

DF has a place near a river corridor which drains from the nearby Catalina Mountains (9200Feet). It'll often freeze there, when nearly every other placed doesn't.

My winters will be more mild than my old home in Tortolita by approx 4F or 5F. There will be less wind, less vegetation, more asphalt, and 500 feet less elevation. There was also a cross breeze through a narrow pass that created cooling. I've now got a huge eucalyptus tree and I'm adding more trees, with the consideration of shady leaves in the summer and less in the winter. I'll make a little climate of my own. It will be hotter in the summer, but naked it will be fine, other than cooling the home's insides. Besides, we can run up the mountains and travel to cooler places in the heat.

The moister is about the same from town to country around here, dry, mostly. The closer to the mountains that you are the wetter.

There's a lot to be said about this. More later.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 23, 2022, 06:50:32 PM »
Cool air falls down hills and mountains in stream-beds It is so evident when walking through them and feeling pockets of chill floating downstream. This is where the trees are, the shade, the water. All contribute.

A micro climate is as important as daily moment to moment weather. A cliff will quickly cut the sunlight earlier, chilling the air and visibility diminishes in degrees.

The recent trip that I published shows some of the elevation changes going up Mt. Lemmon. We can go from summer through colorful fall and into winter in less than an hour. Saguaro cactus changes into grasslands, to scrub oak to alpine forests. This makes more comfortable hiking throughout the year. It is winter and we are in the desert lowlands for warmth. The temps are sitting in the 60F's and 70F's during the afternoon. When it gets too hot to hike, we simply head up the mountains to the appropriate elevation and enjoy our selves where the weather suits us.

A narrow canyon creates wind as it squeezes the through. The wider areas may be more calm and less chilly, or hotter without the refreshing breeze.

More rocks, more stored heat. More stored heat longer days with warmth. More rocks, greater heat. Darker rocks, more heat.

There are so many variables to finding the perfect hideaway, or walk.
Jbee