Author Topic: The Secret Naturist Handbook  (Read 7969 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: The Secret Naturist Handbook
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »
I prefer my fivetoes/five finger toe shoes, barefoot, or hauraches, dependent on terrain.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »
Here is our thread about shirts:http://freerangenaturism.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2020, 08:10:18 PM »
Skirts, not shirts, JBG.

I'd say your Freudian slip is showing, if it made any sense.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2020, 04:26:40 PM »
skirts, shirts, they are all part of those nasty ol' impositions called clothes. Perhaps I am mearly expressing my attitude of "whatever"...

'
...or, bugger the lot...or, h and k are close on teh key pad...or,....

Okay, it is like capitalizing and spelling. I need to be clear.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »
HEADGEAR: From the Secret Naturist Handbook

A simple hat or baseball cap can be useful to the secret naturist for quite a number of reasons, not all of them obvious, and should have a firm place in your secret naturist kit bag.
During cold weather they provide some protection to the head, helping to keep a large percentage of body head from escaping into the air. Interestingly, I find that wearing a warm hat will make walking naked bearable in cold weather. By preventing heat from escaping from the head, more body heat is available for the rest of the body, for keeping warm.
Conversely, in hot and sunny weather, a baseball cap provides shade from the sun, helping to keep the head cool and also for shading the eyes from direct sunlight. Spectacle wearers or those wearing sunglasses, will also find they can see much better as glare and reflections are reduced by the hat. The same applies when using binoculars.
My personal collection contains two hats, both by LoweAlpine. The first is a simple baseball cap and is used throughout the year except in cold weather when my ears suffer from the cold. It has also been treated with spray-on water-proofing to give it some degree of waterproofing for use when raining. In colder conditions, a LoweAlpine Mountain cap is used. This model has fold down sides which offer protection to the ears and is also wind and water proof and breathable.
Hints & Tips:
   Baseball caps fold up and pack easily into a bumbag.
   Pick a hat that folds up rather than a stiff brimmed one.
   Avoid one size hats - adjustable are more comfortable and stay-on better.
   Have more than one hat of different types for different conditions.
   Spray on water-proofing keeps hats dry in the rain.
At night a baseball cap can be used to shade the eyes from light reflected from the sky or from streetlamps, thus making it easier to see the ground where you are walking. I can vouch for this method from an experience recently when descending from the some local hills at night. The glare from the street lighting below in the town made it quite difficult to see the path, particularly when walking in the direction of the streetlights. A baseball cap is the perfect answer to this problem.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »
I wear my trusty converted mack . The brim shades my nose from burn. It saves on lots of squinting and sunglasses. I use a cover for my shoulders rather than a wide brim hat, which gets airborne.

A hat or cap is good to protect the thin hair spots that so many of us acquire.

I have noticed the difference when wearing a cap in the sauna more Russian style. As Lookee mentions it holds in the body heat. I notice when camping out, how much difference there is when my head is covered as I sleep. 

I chose a tan color to blend in in stealth and to reflect heat.

Baseball caps ,jus' ain't me, but m now with this beard that I'm playing with, I've gotten a couple of cracks about my "Lenin-esque" look. ???
Jbee

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2020, 12:45:58 AM »
I agree that a hat is beneficial to wear even when the rest of one is naked.   However I've never been a fan of ball caps.  Find a more adult hat.
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:28 AM »
I find aaseball cap useful if I'm driving towards a low sun, it gives a better cut off than the sunvisors in the vehicle.
I find a cap or brimmed hat cuts out the skyglare so eliminates the need for sunglasses inmost conditions.main exceptions being reflections from water or cars.
My fav hat has a zipper pocket in the crown just large enough for car keys.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2020, 12:33:10 PM »
My distaste for baseball caps started in the army, back when that olive-green baseball cap was standard. It was the worst of all possible military headgear, with the possible exception of the unlined beret now on issue. However, I wear one when I wear a jacket with a hood. I can wear the hood over a baseball cap and the cap keeps the hood where I want it. Otherwise I wear some kind of hat with a brim.

Once, when I had taken a nice, long, mostly nude hike up in the mountains early one spring before the leaves were out up there, I came back with a slight sunburn on my shoulders with stripes where the pack straps had been. Only time that ever happened. It's rare that I could get in any nude hiking with no leaves on the trees.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2020, 04:34:32 PM »
I agree that a hat is beneficial to wear even when the rest of one is naked.   

"You Can Leave Your Hat On" Joe Cocker, of course.
Jbee
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:37:11 PM by jbeegoode »

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »
I just noticed your line, "barefoot all over." I prefer to think "face all over."