Author Topic: The Secret Naturist Handbook  (Read 25030 times)

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Re: The Secret Naturist Handbook
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »
Lost Clothing: From The Secret Naturist Handbook

What would you do if, for example, you returned back to the car to find it had been stolen along with your clothing, and the clothing you had hidden for this eventuality was also missing? You are naked, might be miles from home, its getting dark and starting to rain. You are in a potentially serious situation, what would you do?

I'm more worried about getting 20 miles from home without bringing any clothes, and the fuel pump quits, or the battery is dead, etc.  We had a topic about how far can you go from your nearest clothing.  Its a risk when its miles from home, small risk though.

The trouble with small risks is that they become big risks if you take the small risk many times.  Sooner or later the small risk will happen. 

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:44:40 PM by Bob Knows »
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2020, 07:08:34 PM »
Gosh, only about 1/2 way through.  Lookee certainly was comprehensive in thinking through the whole field.
Well press on Jbee!  It would be interesting to read more (I usually skim read them!  ;) )

The last article is interesting.  One thing that I tend to conclude, with the benefit of hindsight, about Lookee's thought process about what we now call Free range Naturism, is that he was very concerned with the secret and clandestine aspects of free ranging, the assumption being that one should never be seen.  For instance he remarks about the option of walking home naked "could even be enjoyable but would require some luck to get safely across town without being seen "  The emphasis being on not being seen.  I suspect you or Bob (or even myself in such a situation of crisis) might take the view that in the circumstances we would have a valid explanation for our behaviour and state of undress and simply carry on with the task of getting home naked and brave out any possible encounters or indeed seek help from the police if they were available.

John

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 01, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »
as stated above if you take a small risk often enough it will happen at some point.

when driving ive always got alternate clothing in the vehicle....even if only overalls wrapped round the toolbox to stop rattles.

if ive driven somewhere and gone for a walk ive usually got a tan through beach wrap in the camera bag,  and never leave the car keys behind...ive even got hats with zipped pockets that take the vehicle keys.  on the odd occasions ive stopped for an unplanned walk and left all clothes in car the keys have gone with me. theres always binoculars in a case in the car,  ive carried the keys in the bino case whilst leaving all clothing behind.   

my bike has a basket on the handlebars...keys, phone and wrap or shorts go in there and are no bother.

having said all that if the brown stuff hit the fan ive have no problem asking for help,   the bits of the uk im in your never far from a house or road. and i dont do bad weather

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #408 on: October 01, 2020, 02:49:21 PM »
as stated above if you take a small risk often enough it will happen at some point.
when driving ive always got alternate clothing in the vehicle....even if only overalls wrapped round the toolbox to stop rattles.

There have been times when I have stood behind my car on a busy street or parking lot and changed my jeans for shorts. Can't go naked in cities, but you can briefly change outfits. Not secret at all, but nobody has ever complained to me.

and never leave the car keys behind..

I'm willing to hide my keys because I don't like having things to carry in my hand when nude in the wild.  If the top of your tire isn't visible, hidden by the metal, then keys on top of the tire is a good place.  On the ground behind the tire is also good.  Off the path under a rock works too.  Thieves will break your glass before they spend time hunting for your keys. Back in the day, hiding keys on a tire was fairly common in some parts, but i think its rare and mostly unknown now so nobody will look there.  My bicycle has a carry bag for clothes, keys, money, cell phone, etc. 

Two of my cars have a touch pad for the door lock so you could leave the keys in the car and touch the combination.  That saved me one time when I accidentally shut the car door with the engine running.  I feel more safe having the key pad access. 

Many of the new cars now have a push button to start so they don't really need a key.  The "fob" microchip thing is what that is needed.

and i dont do bad weather

Me neither.  It has to be above 50F in calm sunshine or warmer with a breeze or partly cloudy. 70F and sunny is best time.  I don't enjoy our long cold winters.

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2020, 03:39:36 PM »
Thieves will break your glass before they spend time hunting for your keys.

When my brother in law first moved to the US (SF area) he had his car broken into so many times he took to leaving the kerbside window open so the thieves wouldn't break the glass and cost him a repair for them to not steal the nothing that was in the car. They just broke the window on the other side of the car ...

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2020, 04:21:16 PM »
LOL.  Thieves didn't even bother looking for an open window on the kerbside.  They won't bother looking for your keys either.  Just broke the driver side window as usual.  There are often cars left alone at trailhead parking where some thieves can loot without being seen.