Author Topic: Grasshopper Point  (Read 98 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Grasshopper Point
« on: December 05, 2019, 12:19:27 AM »
I visit an old stomping grounds after decades. It worked out great, still secluded, and recently the liberation was updated.
It's Grasshopper Point, up near Sedona.

https://thefreerangenaturist.org/2019/12/04/grasshopper-point/

Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Grasshopper Point
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »

Oh dear, when it comes to stunningly beautiful places to roam in, you and DF are the Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet or Bill Gateses of naturism i.e. on the mega rich list.  What 'embarrasse de richesse' you have...and what a sumptuously beautiful place Grasshopper Point is.  If you have been frequenting such places since your youth, Jbee, and wandering in them frequently in more recent years, you will be acclimatised and used to them.  But those of us with more limited opportunities envy your profusion of them with a green-eyed passion!  I suppose envy is not really the right term.  Its just that many of your trips provoke an almost painful longing inside to experience something similar too.  It's not that we don't have many beautiful, nay stunning, locations in the UK but relatively very few places are unpopulated enough to allow free ranging nude.  And you have a climate that is warm enough to be carefree and warm in your nakedness.  Weather here seldom allows extended nudity before getting cold and you have the choice of many, many days that are reliably good weather (not too hot or cold or wet).
Hey ho.  Thank goodness for the trip reports on the blog, at least we get to look in from afar...or maybe that's a bad thing.  Just makes it more painful! :D
John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: Grasshopper Point
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »
The region around Tucson, Arizona, etc. sustains me. I have come to need these places to ground myself in my being. It has taught me truth and become necessary as a part of my spirit and sense of purpose and place in the world, in life. In short an addiction, something that I couldn't comprehend life, or care for life, without. Living life without nature and tasting the experience of it naturally, is not fulfilling. There is food, there is shelter, there are interpersonal actions, necessary for happiness, but this sense of what I am and the wonder, what I'm a piece of, is every bit as important. Otherwise there is an ego that demands to be fed, and empty part that isn't fulfilled. There is a longing within me.

Yea, that's what I'm trying to convey at the blog. Every sense, breath, every tingle in every moment needs to be experienced and naturism is a key to that. That is something that we have all known in human history, and are cut off from today, by our own beliefs and perceptions and creations. We are more than animals surviving. The key to experiencing that starts with the baring of the body and the awareness. It isn't getting naked, it's coming home.

One can attack nature, create the mighty hunter, play warrior games with Indian friends (Hendrix "Castles Made of Sand), use it as a gymnasium only, as an escape from, a place of freedom, to party with people, to get blasted, see the potential for condos in a vista, but being naked there be brings one home in a different sense, a oneness, a sense of a something very real. Then again, with the exception of hunting and attacking, in my life, I have done all of those other things nude in nature. Naked makes it different, however. Focusing on that difference, brings me to my sense of naturism.

A taste, a few minutes on a frosty night, to breathe, to feel every sense to just be aware of what is, without all of the rest. Seeing the stars and the glistening on the ground, the feet alive, being aware of the adjustment. I think you know what I mean at those times. There's a humanity to it. I think that we all need that. You fully experience, then get warm and shelter after the journey.

True reality.

Ya know I have gotten comments from people who are restricted because of health. They tell me that they appreciate me taking them along in my blog, when they can't go. The longing is very common. I'm fortunate, like I've won a lottery. I can share.

Say, "It isn't getting naked, it's coming home." I think that I found a slogan! ;D
Jbee
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:50:22 PM by jbeegoode »
Barefoot all over, all over.