Author Topic: Fossil Creek: Matzatzal  (Read 288 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Fossil Creek: Matzatzal
« on: January 17, 2020, 05:08:37 AM »
We explored Fossil Creek while on our trip to the Verde Hot Springs, or we stayed at the Verde Hot Springs on our trip to Fossil Creek. Anyway, it is all very beautiful and here's the story and pics:

https://thefreerangenaturist.org/2020/01/17/fossil-creek-matzatzal/

Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Fossil Creek: Matzatzal
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »

To put not too fine a point on it, bee, you seem to be ill all the time these days.  You have had a remarkably bad run of health in recent months.  Hope the early part of 2020 will rapidly see you back to full health.
John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:30:58 PM »
I spent the early months of 2019 on again off again ill, some persistent thing that was left over from a flu and infections. Then, I was good to very good, until I got hit with urinary tract infection, and ecoli in a country where the doctors don't understand it. I laid on a couch for six weeks, shuffling when I stood and was ill lousy for three months, until they finally got around to the correct tests and figured it out. They found a prostrate thing that was complicating things and I was checked for every-which-thing and now know that I have a clean bill of health. The other issues were being exacerbated by the ecoli stuff, but docs didn't say that. It all toned down, when it was finally beat.

So, the trip was during the early stages of that experience, over three days. Since I publish once a week, one day at a time, it seems drug out. I had a severe fevered Montezuma's Revenge the first week and thought that I would be over it as is typical, but I just got more dick in the dirt miserable, after that. Between DF's broken toe for two months and me sick, we lost a lot of naked adventure time this year. As soon as I get myself packed up and transitioned, we'll be out making up for lost time.

I'm beginning to exercise and bombarding myself with probiotics to fix the damage from antibiotics and laying about weeks on end. Some of the 20 pounds that I lost so quickly is back, but my waist is still fitting into the thinner pants. We went to the Eden hot springs this weekend and my swimming is probably about what it was last spring. The day before I got sick, I swam for an hour straight. So, I'm probably going to be even healthier that ever by Fall.

I've been mostly well and gradually recovering, except for dental stuff (and more antibiotics) since early December. I have learned more lessons about health, attitude, habits, and the crappy medical establishment that are changing my life. I'm also getting out from under a financial stress that occupied the whole of last year. Things are changing, everything for the better, it would seem.

I plan to get settled and healthy, before I have that hernia operation...more health issues in the way, but at least I can fit it into my life and needs, instead of it taking over like illness and injury.

So, I figure that I'm not on my way "back" into full health, I haven't ever had that. I'm heading toward even better and better optimal health, youthful elasticity and much more movement for the next 20 or 30 years, no limits.

Boy, I do go on and on....
Thank-you,
Jbee

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 09:45:07 PM »
I for one appreciate everyone's longer posts, although I may not read them as carefully as they were written.

I had a hernia operation about three years ago. Something of a hassle but totally painless and full of humor. You have to see it that way what with all the things that happen during a relatively short stay in the hospital (it's outpatient surgery). When I woke up, I was surprised that there was no patch or bandages. The incision was glued together, although there were, I was told, sutures inside. Naturally, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything in the previous 24 hours, so I was a little weak when I went home. Although you have to have someone take you home afterwards, I could easily have driven myself, only I don't think I could have made it to the car. Good luck with everything. Make the most of it.

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 08:29:19 PM »
Then, Jbee,  my wishes for 2020 will necessarily be wishes of good health.
I like hiking, running, kayaking, biking, sailing, geocaching...naked of course!

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »
 I believe that good health needs to be a priority. I had never been so sick for so long, and without a diagnosis, or prognosis. I'm in a particular "appreciate good health" mood.
Jbee

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 12:15:26 PM »

Gosh, now that you lay it out in order and list of your tribulations, it is clear that you have had a terrible time indeed.
So very much sending good wishes for the success of your return to full health and fitness.
John