Author Topic: FRN During Lockdowns  (Read 3525 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
FRN During Lockdowns
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:21:23 AM »
There is a constant burden of hiding from Corona Virus19. It floats through the air, it sits on surfaces for a day and a half to 3 days. If I just go to the grocery, I have to touch surfaces. Who handled the package? Who wrapped the package, how many packages did the checkout clerk touch from how many people with those gloves. The other day Iím standing in a long line at Sprouts and some guy coughs behind me, creepy! Is my back coated, when can I start breathing again? Should I shower when I get home?

Whatís to do? Wear a mask? Wash the hands, keep hand sanitizer handy. There was a bottle of hand sanitizer at the store as I was leaving, or going, So, I grabbed it to use and realized, ďcripe,Ē who touched this bottle. The wipes arenít there, people kept stealing them.

So, DF and I will be conscious of each surface, wash before using the car steering wheel, the locked door, the door to the house. BUT, when we get home, we just made it policy to take off the shoes before entering and stash them. Iíll be using flip flops. Donít want to track germs in and then get little DNA thingys absorbed into our bare feet, or float through the air with dust particles. Sheesh, canít go barefoot in public places!

THEN, drop off the clothing in a dirty bin and STAY NAKED until we need more food.

Fortunately, this produces a need for entertainment, and one of our favorites is nude hiking/camping. It is perfect for stress, stir crazy dis-ease, health, exercise and fun. No concern for social distancing.

A local bar/restaurant is going to stream live music shows, so we can dance in the living roomÖnaked. Weíre going to order food from them for pickup, to support them for being so cool. All the bars, restaurants, movies, etc. are now closed by law.
I know that the extreme temperatures in a sweat kill critters, but I found out today that the virus is not a living thing. The body does build immunity with fever. Higher temps are a part of that. Sauna does raise the temp of a body like fever. A very hot dry sauna as well as wet and humid will burn lungs to an extent. I can feel it as I breathe. Other illness is often treated with sauna, in various cultures. I looked around for information and found another SAR Corona couldnít take the heat:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/av/2011/734690/

There is a lot to get used to, but fortunately we already have honed several strategies, like staying naked most of the time, which keeps us a good social distance from most of the others.

How to cope with lockdown? Iím eating well, not binging on Netflix, and catching up.

Iíve taken to running in the neighborhood. I run full tilt for a count of one thousand twenty and then rest until Iím ready to do more. Today, I was rest walking down the street and a guy pulled very close to me as he passed. Just being a jerk, he knew. So he stops at the stop sign and continues straight on a dead end street.

It is time for me to start my bolt. Iím running as fast and hard as I can down the same street as this guy. He gets to the end of the street and then crosses over through a deep ditch, slipping on his street tires on the grass, just about scraping his bumper. He takes off the other direction. He thinks that Iím after him!  ;D

What might happen if the police saw me running so hard?  ???
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

ric

• View Profile
Re: FRN During Lockdowns
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »
the uk strategy is based on reducing the peak demand on the health service by delaying when some of the masses catch it,  the assumption is most if not everyone will catch the virus eventually.

we are relatively fit with no underlying health concerns so may not show any symptoms when weve been infected, were just avoiding unnecessary contact with other people and going about our own business pretty much as before.  we dont have to leave home except for food shopping but if i decide to go for a walk down the lane its unlikely ill even see anyone let alone get close to them .  were not faffing arround with steralisers cos we dont beleive we can be 100% effective so its a lot of bother for maybe a short delay before inevitable infection , which we are likely not even to notice.

basic hygiene and avoid close personal contact

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »
Someone wrote in response to the advice about social distancing that they were Scandinavian and they had been preparing for this moment their whole lives. The British should have no problem with that, either. One family member is Serbian and they do the double-kissing thing and I did in fact see her two weeks ago but all we did was shake hands, even though she told me she had been with a group of Egyptians a few days ago.

Although complete isolation should be 100% effective in avoiding just about all sicknesses, there is another side to that practice. I call people who are paranoid about health and sickness and do everything they can to live in a sterile environment "hothouse people." The best way to stay healthy is to have a vigorous constitution, although that certainly doesn't always work. We surrounded by germs and viruses and your body easily resists most of them. But then along comes something your body can't handle and you're down for the count, so to say. My wife's uncle (her father's brother) died of polio (remember the polio epidemic?) inside the space of a week. And people still get polio, which is a virus. But when did you hear anyone talk about polio lately?

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 05:47:40 PM »
I have seen several published photos showing hundreds of hikers frequenting backwoods trails and mountain tops during the CV19 shutdown. It may be a lot more crowded for free range naturism than other times.   
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
I'd imagine the popular trails and spots to be busier, but I don't do those much. The more difficult to reach, as usual, will have someone on them, but it is generally okay out there. People will be staying around the trailhead and campsites and be more crowded, but the same behaviors should persist and few will walk away from that the area.

Maybe more will see us out there and know that people do this and it is okay and good.

Regulated camping areas will be a problem as things warm up and forest rangers will be out telling people to move on when they camp in the wrong spots. Again, we go more remote.

I notice that sometimes the streets are nearly empty and people at ease parked at lights are not watching traffic and lights as much and look around next to them. Using angles will come in handy.

Strangely, I think that I have been seeing more accidents at intersections. When I saw one, there were four police cars each blocking each direction with flares and the whole thing. Nothing else to do, I suppose. That is usually a routine one or two patrol car situation.

If the virus follows the tendencies of other ones, it will peak in May and start to dissipate. That brings us into outdoors warm season. We'll see how it goes. People will be getting stir crazy soon. Money troubles may cause weird behaviors and increased theft. The government probably won't do enough for the folks that really need help. So, break-ins to cars parked remotely may increase. I'd expect more of that in populated areas. I'd expect to see more trash and potential for fires from the increase in ignorant campers. It might be a good thing to take along a trash bag when nude walking, or even use that as the activities purpose. Can we call it something? Nude trash pickup doesn't sound fun enough.

Gas prices will be down. Good times for nude cruising.
Jbee

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 08:23:00 PM »
ric, I had a corona just a month six weeks ago, a light one. My lungs are still not right.I also had one a year ago last December, when stress coupled with it laid me out and it took another couple of months to get completely over it. The coughing blew out my hernia. Being sick and tired of being sick and tired, I am doing what I can to stay away from it. Maybe next year when there are some mitigation, or cure drugs out there.

It is tough on healthy people, too, just not as deadly. Statistics suggest that it is often a real dick i te dirt, kick 'em when he's down experience. We hear about the deaths, but that doesn't include people needing hospitalization. The greater death rate indicates to me, that it is very rough on a body. For young healthy people, 20 times more are dying that flu, .o1% compared to .2%.
Flu kills at .06% for 50's folk and 65+ is .83%. Compare that with this stuff, 50's folk at 1.3%, but from there, it jumps 60's 3.6%, 70's 8% and 80's+ people 15%. Something like 16% are being hospitalized according to an AP article a couple of weeks back (that could be erroneous for a number of reasons). My point being, that it gets people very very sick and not just the unhealthy ones. As healthy as I am, I'm not risking, and it isn't inevitable. One recent stat shows out of 250,000 only 102,000 have recovered and a whole lot are dead. 140,000 or more are still sick.
Jbee

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:38:59 AM »
i dont see how we can have any meaningful population wide statistics on infection rates unless you are testing the whole population routinely.   we currently have no idea how much of the general  population have had the virus with no or minimal unreported symptoms.   you only get a baseline figure when the patient contacts the health service with definite symptoms then you can start with percentages of those that need treatment and hospitalisation and subsequent deaths.    and theres no attempt at quantifying the deaths into otherwise healthy and those that would be stuffed by any infection because of other preexisting health problems.

as life in general all the well publisised statistics are devised to make the point the publisist was trying to ram home.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 12:10:48 PM »
Are elections meaningful when only half the electorate votes? You go with what you got.

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 04:37:57 PM »
Are elections meaningful when only half the electorate votes? You go with what you got.

Arguably not, but as you say, you get what you get. But elections arenít illness statistics, and in the words of whoever originally said it, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Iím with ric, the mortality rate is meaningless without knowing how many actually contract the illness, and many who do donít even know theyíve got it. And how many of those who died were about to die anyway? All we can get from the numbers is that some people get the illness, some donít, and some die.

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »
Oxford study in UK, "half the population would have already been infected."

Coronavirus has been around a lot longer than most people know. 

https://theweek.com/speedreads/904584/new-oxford-study-suggests-millions-people-may-have-already-built-coronavirus-immunity
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
Which may or may not be true. This paper needs to be subject of peer review. I will keep an open mind. What is true is that at the moment the virus is a serious threat. My next door neighbour, a doctor, is seeing it all happen close up. It seems that the less mature may not be as resilient as they first thought they would be and many of us are still at risk.

The important fact is we need to be aware of the danger, listen to the professional advice, ignore conspiracy theories and in Sir Winston Churchill's words, "Keep buggering on."

Keep safe every one

Davie  8)

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »
Churchill said that?

Churchill also said that America will always do the right thing, after they have done all the wrong things.

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 10:21:14 AM »
im sceptical about the virus being arround a lot longer than we thought,  if it had been wed have started seeing patients with symptoms a lot sooner.

uk is probable in a relatively good , or less bad, position to weather the economic effects cos were all stocked up to deal with supply problems during brexit.    however a lot of european countries were in economic trouble before the virus arrived and nobody seem to have given any thought as to the future of the eu without the massive financial donations the uk used to make.  i understand that germany ,  seen as the strong economy in the eu , has stated that they can only cope with a 6 week shutdown...how the hell are portugal, spain, italy greece et al going to come through this.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
It may have been a matter of the symptoms not being correctly identified earlier. As far as national finances go, the congress just passed a gazillion dollar 'rescue bill.' Clearly, that isn't going to come from any tax revenue and in fact, somebody even wants to cut taxes (again). Pretty soon, the biggest expense the federal government will have is interest on the national debt. If I were you, I wouldn't loan the federal government any money. We're stuck with some Confederate bonds ourselves and you know how that turned out. 

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »
Dat true, ric. Both flu and Corona 19 stats have to be scued to some degree. But, because of the dramatic difference and rate of hospitalizations there is strong suggestion that it is a very tough bugger, tougher. Again, my point being that it is a very crappy experience, more than other viruses for more people and many more are dying. I don't want it. I don't trust that there would be a respirator for me. There is no preparation for this. The budget for that prep was destroyed as unnecessary waste, by Trump. I remember, I knew it was coming sometime and when he did it and at that time, I balked.

I still am clearing flem and my lungs bother me from a mild corona virus that I had just before leaving for Mexico a month ago. I'm weak there and don't want to risk it. Not to mention, I'm sick and tired of being....

I'm staying home, I'm thinking about camping out for extended periods, if the weather works out. DF is working with patients and may be exposed eventually. I'm revising my glamping outfit earlier than the plans for summer's outings. It may be a good time to reflect, write and play my guitar naked in nature...hmmm, good anytime.

I'm sitting on cash looking for real-estate. The expectation is that the US economy will have a recession "at least" as bad as 2008. I don't want to buy high, or get stuck with inflation from them trying to keep things afloat for super rich people. I'm riding things out and being aware. How big an economic problem it will be nobody really knows. MArkets with knee jerk fear reactions and also greed can be crazy. A president whose sense of the economy is based on the inflation and the times that these forces caught him over-extended and then bankrupt and his personal interests, could be a clue as to what will happen and drag the rest of the interlocking world down. When times get tough, like bankruptcy, Trump has always thrown others under the bus in his own interest.

What I do know, is that I can be okay, in the here and now, in nature and with that get used to living differently in peace.

I'm running daily, when I'm not out walking. Yesterday, I woke up in my SUV and walked naked into a forest of scrub that I'm not familiar with, observing spring flowers, listening to the silence and knowing where I was at at that time was all that mattered. Relief, recharge, a step away from it all. It was healthy all around. All of the concern is stressful and unhealthy, when we all need to build immunities and strength. Be here now, and the best way I know to attain that is FRN.
Jbee