Author Topic: FRN During Lockdowns  (Read 3523 times)

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: FRN During Lockdowns
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:39 AM »
and then get little DNA thingys absorbed
They are RNA in fact :)

It's been wonderful weather last couple days.  Been walking a lot and a tiny bit of naked sunbathing. 

UK restriction on movement has got really stringent.  Police can now stop you and order you home and today they clarified that you must not drive to somewhere to take exercise. So I am stuck in the village - no frn opportunity.

John

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »
uk indeed european thinking is you should stay locked indoors unless you need to go to shop for food, one walk for exercise per day or walk the dog , or to go to work.  theyve even been shutting urban parks and nature reserves.

spain is even restricting the dog walk to 50 metres.

already been reports of suicide.

personally ill be out in the sunshine , weve a large garden and open countryside on the doorstep. and convinced vit d is preventative, along with vit c from the fresh salad leaves in the poly tunnel.

in rural areas i dont think weve actually got enough policemen to make any attempt at patroling looking for walkers.   were about a mile from the village and theres been a noticeable increase in the number of walkers up the lane in the last week or so.

im self employed , doing gardening and selling used garden machinary , furniture etc on ebay,  ill continue to drive to customers gardens and deliver stuff thats sold, it needent involve personal contact with clients.
having said that overnight weve sold a lawn mower on ebay. small electric one to , collection only....to a bloke in yorkshire  ....nutter?

with the chancellors scheme to pay out based on last 3 years tax returns, the wives business having to close the retail premises and getting a payout based on business premises rates well be ok in the short to medium term.

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 04:35:45 AM »
I'd heard about that rule in Britain, where you're allowed to go out on foot or a bike, but driving a car to a place where you plan to walk isn't being allowed. Here we're so wedded to our cars that they can't tell us not to drive, but a couple of nonprofit organizations that own tracts of land have closed them--the Audubon Society and the Trustees of Reservations (Brits think of smaller versions of the National Trust). And I could hardly believe this when I heard it, but they're even telling people to stay off the Appalachian Trail:

http://appalachiantrail.org/home/community/blog/ATFootpath/2020/03/23/please-stay-off-the-appalachian-trail

You can read in Trip Reports that my friend Dan and I went for a beach walk last week, very conscious that we're likely to face more restrictions soon. Today was another nice day, and I took a walk in Middlesex Fells, an area of open space that's close to the city, and there were plenty of people on the trails. Fortunately the trails I walked on are wide enough to drive vehicles, and you could pass others coming the other way without needing to be very close. It's not quite warm enough for FRN, but when we do get more comfortable weather, it's going to be difficult to avoid the crowds.
Modify message

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 10:13:21 AM »
We've brought sone of the restrictions on ourselves by over visiting popular spaces. Last weekend just before the restrictions came in my daughter and husband parked near a popular mountain, which was teaming with people. Instead of turning right and following the crowd they turned left and went up a slightly lower mountain and saw no-one.

This virus kills. My neighbour is a doctor and is seeing this first hand. I'd love to drive out to a  local place where I park up for a walk accross the fields but I am not allowed to  as some idiots would abuse  the right. For the time being we have to use the preventative measure we have - social distancing. Clearly in London and New York that is proving difficult.

Stay safe everyone

Davie 8)

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 10:31:59 AM »
my personal approach is know the rules and the reasons for them, then decide whats appropriat for your personal situation.
we have a small supermarket in the village, but have always once a week done the 10 mile drive to street / glastonbury where theres a sainsbury , lidle, tesco ,aldi, morrisons and petrol stations for mower petrol.   food shopping is allowed, the local small shop doesnt have the range of goods we buy even when fully stocked.

i usually go via the lanes which takes me past several places that are suitable for a naked stroll, one being many hectares of public access woodland so i see no harm in carrying on with appropriate precautions,  gloves for gates being the main one.

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »
Since Tuesday 17 we have been in confinement to try to fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus, so no more sports training with my group of runners that I used to meet twice a week. But short displacements, close to home, linked to the individual physical activity of people are still allowed with a movement certificate. So on Sunday 20 morning I went back to a small path close to my home, a path where I used to take my children when they were little, but which I hadn't used for many years. In fact this path follows the trajectory of a track for the wagons coming out of a cement stone mine. There are still a few traces of this old activity. Portions of rails on the ground, the walled exit of the mine and two rusty wagons abandoned at the side of the road. It is a place that is so little frequented in normal times that I thought I wouldn't meet anyone there under the current conditions and I allowed myself to run naked, even though it is so close to the city. The distance is not long, some 500 or 600 meters, but by making several round trips I made a small run of almost half an hour. That's always a good thing to do in this period of sporting scarcity.

I like hiking, running, kayaking, biking, sailing, geocaching...naked of course!

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:30 PM »
That is what I used to do sometimes going to Havarock. Out the back door it is convenient, but not a strenuous longer hike. Sometimes, I'd walk it more than once. There is a field of beautiful rich colored stones there. I'd grab a couple in my hands and use them for weight pumps, collecting them for a home improvement project later.

This virus is more deadly than a rattlesnake, but either one can make for a rough ride, that I have every intention to avoid with caution. I have a friend in ICU right now. They're saying they don't know if she'll make it. I have another who is sitting at home, acting like he is on a curious adventure and can't taste anything with some light fever...so far.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 11:38:42 PM »

We are well and truly locked down although thankfully our local store has supplies, if rather intermittent.  You have to get intelligence as to when their delivery is and get there just after.  Then most stuff is available but all the staples milk, bread, flour, paper products and whatnot go very quickly.  People aren't panicking or aggressive and the stores are all rationing now, but there has obviously been a large amount of fear-driven stockpiling and no doubt people coming from elsewhere and clearing shelves to sell on to others at inflated prices causing fast turnover of stock.  I think that part of the problem also is that our little store is serving a much larger population since mostly everyone is social distancing at home and so those that would get their lunch at work or would shop elsewhere on their way home are shopping locally for everything now.  The big supermarkets in nearby towns have no delivery slots for months.  Normally of they are busy you might have to book your slot the next day or perhaps 2 days away but nothing like the current situation.  It is obviously a widespread concern that there might be shortages later on making people stockpile.

Lockdown has offered me some increased naturist opportunity.  We have cleaners in once a fortnight to do the basic elbow grease jobs.  However, they can't come now so yesterday and today, I rolled my sleeves up....so far up that they were off completely and started doing the bathrooms, bedding, floors etc, all naked.  A couple or 3 hours over 2 days gets me round the whole house in a thorough clean.  Yesterday my wife started to object when she first saw me naked doing housework but I stamped on this to the effect of "For heaven's sake, dearest, I am doing the cleaning and you are not and it needs doing and its very warm.  Cut me some slack and just stop tut tutting every time I take my clothes off, let me get on with it in my own way".  Given that all she had to do was some light dusting, she grumpily agreed.  Today I was cleaning round her office area, where she was working at her PC, and the bathroom next door and despite her being able to see much of what I was doing she didn't object.  I suspect that was because she was engaged with what she was doing and not bothering to engage rather than further acquiescence from yesterday but I thanked her as I was finishing saying that I was glad she was cooperative and for me it was much cooler, I didn't have to walk around in clothes splashed with detergent and water whilst cleaning and that as she knew, this is how I prefer to be.  She was gracious and thanked me for taking on most of the the cleaning and allowed me to be naked for some time after that.  Bit of incrementalism occurred today I think. 

With my yoga classes packing up for the plague duration, I have been sadly neglecting my yoga but I've been taking a good aerobic walk every day.  However, I am a wreck at the moment - got a bad back in the lumbar area, my coccyx is giving me problems sitting, got a twisted knee, recovering from an injury to my thumb (sliced a lump off it with a craft knife - 7 stitches)  and in the last 2 days developed a painful crack in my heel (which my podiatrist described as a fissure).  The heel is more comfortable if I wear shoes, which I rarely do nowadays around the house and garden and since in these viral-avoiding times that's all there is, I'm pretty miffed.

So how's everyone else! :D

John

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 11:16:42 AM »
in the last few days ive also developed a cracked heel and for me more worrying a crack by the thumb nail, i hate wearing gloves whilst working.   i have found some evidence that vit b1 thiamine supplementation may help, im waiting for some 100mg pills to arrive in the post, then will start on one or two a day and see what happens.   previous years the cracks have been a pain for most of spring/early summer

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 03:39:31 PM »
in the last few days ive also developed a cracked heel and for me more worrying a crack by the thumb nail,

I can sympathize. I suffered from painful cracked heals for several years.  I treated them with superglue which worked for a while until the glue wore off.  Then more glue.

My heel cracks have all vanished since I started the Carnivore diet or "way of eating."   I posted more about that on another topic, but healthy skin is one of the benefits. 
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 03:41:21 PM »
Its the weather, not the lockdown that keeps me indoors.  Brrrrr!.   Another cold rainy spring. 

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 10:19:59 PM »
You shouldn't isolate yourself from nature just because the weather is bad.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 07:08:21 PM »
Coconut oil, or more oil in your diet. Collagen is good for the nails bones and general elasticity as the body tends to produce less with age. Collagen is used on the skin. Both have to do with meat consumption.DF suggests shea butter and utter balm.

It is a good time to lie about, stretching, yoga doing for a body, creating healthy good food, but not too much. I'm doing raw food recipes, whose fresh ingredients are not the usual empty shelf items. Want to burn more calories than consumed. I've been going out in the neighborhood and sprinting full tilt for 20 second intervals then walking until I do it again. Trading massage, Good!
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 08:00:43 PM »
ive tried rubbing with coconut oil and olive oil and a more oily diet in previous years but its had no noticable benefits

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 09:45:04 PM »
New research shows that High Cholesterol may play an important role in our natural immunity to diseases such as Covid-19.  This research is consistent with last year's study showing that EU countries with average high cholesterol levels had lower mortality than countries with average low cholesterol.  Its my thinking that high use of statin drugs by men, to lower cholesterol, may be an important reason why more men than women die of Covid-19. 

"cholesterol is an extremely important part of the immune system."

"people with the highest cholesterol levels are best protected from cancer and infections"

http://statinnation.com/blog/2020/3/26/cholesterol-protects-against-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR3pUUniELhhmohXsCfYQVYRVGIIjuHuOvehXNz624P2AJB48jRLbhgCP-s