Author Topic: FRN During Lockdowns  (Read 10018 times)

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Re: FRN During Lockdowns
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2020, 04:43:38 PM »
Haven't decided which alternative to expensive "Yeti" coolers, yet.

A couple weeks ago I saw a Coleman ice chest priced about $35 that claimed "holds ice for 5 days."  Same claim as Yeti brand but about 10% of the price range.  I think it was at Walmart. 

Got a "Lovable Loo" yesterday! No digging holes every day.  Jbee 

What's a "Lovable Loo"?   Is there a link? 
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2020, 08:55:28 PM »
Sorry, I left you hanging there. It is a Luggable Loo by Reliance. I picked up just the lid part for just over $12 at Sportsman's Warehouse. I have an old laundry detergent bucket that is shorter and a better healthier squat to attach it to, as soon as I get the kitchen compost out of it. Simple peatmoss stored in the bucket in a kitchen garbage bag and then set aside at camp. One scooper, other kitchen bags. It all should store in the bucket during transport in the SUV, I used a peatmoss bucket when I first moved into my unfinished house twenty years ago. It is pretty much odor free, much better than straw, not expensive, like the stuff that they sell. I may add some kobashi meal to ferment and speed the composting process, this time.

https://relianceoutdoors.com/products/sanitation/96.html

It appears to be pretty good quality. The plastic seems durable. I read that some knockoffs will crack break, hinge will go bad, or break. This hinge leaves the lid up. I suppose that you probably won't want an updated detailed report after I give it a test and run it a few times. :D

The really good thick coolers, like Yeti will claim like 10 days. There are youtube videos comparing them for retaining ice over time. There is a good sized one (64 cans of BEER w/ ice) on sale now at $183. About $70 less than the competition and lots less than a Yeti. The idea for me is to have the food last a week in there and then go into town to restock. Where I'm going, it is more than an hours hard drive to the stores round trip, putting on clothes and ruining the aesthetic of bugging out to solitude.

The things weigh 35 or 40 pounds empty. It would probably stay safe, never leaving the SUV when full. Some claim to be bear proof. I wonder if that means that a bear couldn't lift it either.

Coleman has a hefty one, but not at $34. I looked it over and it doesn't look as insulated. I've seen no tests done.

Some advertise as good stepping stools with treads on top and good seats. Who wants someone sitting on the cooler, between me and the food, unless that is to guard the food, so it will last a week, or protect the last cold BEER on Sunday night. ;D
Jbee
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:11:52 PM by jbeegoode »
Barefoot all over, all over.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2020, 11:28:20 PM »
I've taken up wearing a mask when shopping. Now, I'm wearing even more coverings in public. The "experts" and politicians and hospital staff interpreting what they say poorly, told us not to. At DF's work, they were actually ordered to stop wearing masks period. When I used to teach kids school. I would tell them, "Always, always, always question authority." I got some trouble from that.

That fact is that the studies tell us that the particles are small enough to get through, except N-95's a customized mask. The stupid then told us that mask don't work. Obviously, they don't 100%, but they certainly cut down the odds considerably. Dumb F...s in charge couldn't figure that out.

Have you ever burp in one of those things? You have to enjoy your last meal forever, while standing in lines at tape marks six feet apart. Then ya can't touch the mask, until you wash your hands. It's a trap.

Here's something about them telling us not to wear the hassles. "Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti Wednesday urged all residents to use nonmedical-grade masks or facial coverings while in public. The advice came as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is reconsidering its advisory that people should not wear masks — advice that was aimed at preventing a run on personal protective equipment, which is already in short supply."
 So, we risk lives and spread it even more by not wearing the masks to save the masks. We are lied to for weeks to save the mask supply.

"Managers of the Strategic National Stockpile warn emergency supplies of medical equipment, including life-saving ventilators, are all but exhausted."

Then, "The Intercept reports that even as the pandemic reached U.S. soil and began to spread, the Trump administration allowed a steady flow of ventilators and personal protective equipment supplies to be sent abroad, with a shipment as recently as March 17.
Meanwhile, all but the sickest patients and the wealthiest Americans continue to struggle to learn their COVID-19 status. One New Jersey lab, Quest Diagnostics, reported a backlog of about 160,000 COVID-19 tests, delaying some results by as much as 10 days."

Bumbling zealot idiots out to save us from Big Government, gutted the agency that was supposed to think this thing out in advance, without even consulting the experts to find out that pandemic was inevitable.

Then this BOZO in Georgia, who probably understands every detail on the effects on the economy and his and his cronies stock portfolios and raided the treasury last week, "In Georgia, where at least 154 people have died of COVID-19, Republican Governor Brian Kemp on Wednesday told residents to prepare for a shelter-in-place order beginning on Friday. Governor Kemp’s announcement came weeks after medical professionals warned coronavirus infections would explode across Georgia without strict social distancing measures.

Gov. Brian Kemp: “What we’ve been telling people, from directives from the CDC, for weeks now, that if you start feeling bad, stay home. Those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad. But we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours. And as Dr. Toomey told me, she goes, 'This is a game changer.'”

In fact, a report in The New England Journal of Medicine published in late January warned asymptomatic people can spread the coronavirus, and the finding has informed public policy worldwide for weeks." We all knew that.

I'm wearing a mask and staying home and looking to go camping. I use only the right hand to touch the possible contaminated surfaces, I don't use cash. The left hand stays clean, so it can dig into the packet of alcohol wipes after getting the key out of my pocket for the car.

DF demands that we take our shoes off outside the house. She strips down completely at the back door and throws her clothing from work into a dirty bag before entering the house...not so bad at that.

We should probably all burn our clothing, and shower a whole lot...maybe...one of the BOZOS might latch on to that and order....
Jbee

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »
"I would tell them, "Always, always, always question authority." I got some trouble from that."

It sounds like one of those "Sound of one hand clapping" Zen exercises. Is that a koan?

I mean, if you tell the kids that, and they sit there silently, you've obviously failed. But if they protest, then they're being obedient and you've also failed. Only a truly enlightened person can resolve this.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2020, 11:59:59 PM »
I got more trouble from the conservative authorities, even though the state requirements are to teach the kids to think for themselves.

At the beginning of the year, I'd close the doors of my classroom, gather the kids in close, and tell them that, like it was a big secret, just between us. There was always some smartass that would come up with "refuse authority" instead of "question authority." Most got it respectfully.

It certainly caused me trouble and I would do it again.

I'd use these examples in class. There are too many foolish followers that don't know how to use intellectual thought processes. It was the reason that Jefferson promoted the public school system so much. He feared the ignorant hysterical masses in a democracy. The education system is being exploited now, to create good workers to make more money and followers doing what they are told to do by those in power.
Jbee

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2020, 01:06:59 AM »
I still will accept cash, if it's been laundered.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2020, 04:23:26 AM »
"Always, always, always question authority." I got some trouble from that.

Yes.  I don't buy this whole mass hysteria that "authority" has fear mongered everyone into panic mode.   We all survived H1N1, Asian flu, SARS, Bird flu, and ordinary flu.  Most people who get Covid-19 don't get serious symptoms.  The "official" death count is greatly exaggerated.  I don't trust that they tell us.

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2020, 04:47:47 AM »
Bob, here are pictures and a video from New York. You can believe it's serious or not.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/nyc-hospital-resumes-use-of-forklift-to-move-bodies-amid-coronavirus/

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »
average month in uk is about 40k deaths from all causes,  makes our 2k from the virus not seem too bad.  none of this years monthly all cause totals arnt published yet.

the typical mask seen on the streets is known in the trade as a rock and boulder mask ...ie small dust will go through, i seriously doubt theyle slow a virus down... what they will stop is explosive ejection of droplets from the mouth... so you can breath it all back in again on the next breath.   personally i have great difficulty in getting any sort of a seal across the cheeks so usually end up with moist wet air directed at my glasses which then steam up so i can see nothing..... i always use a full face shield in the workshop rather than goggles for the same reason.  with a strimmer its a fine mesh one.

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
This virus kills! My neighbour is a doctor and he's told me that it needs to be taken seriously. Children of 13 don't normally die from flu, nor do medical staff. In the UK we've lost at least four. In fact the death toll is probably under estimated as numbers will have died from apparent other causes, say in care homes etc.

I cannot see any reason for Governments to splash out billions of pounds and  tell us to socially distance ourselves, self isolate for no reason and close public facilities for no reason. Why would they do that?

I say again, this virus kills and needs to be taken seriously. We need to discount some of the rubbish conspiracy theories and listen to what science is telling us, and by and large they are singing from the same hymn sheet.

If someone says the figures are being exaggerated produce the figures and the evidence. The figures I'm looking at are based on good academic sources.  If there is such an exaggeration why are the New York Health service about to be overwhelmed, as is happening in Spain and Italy. ... or is all this happening on a film set!

Davie  8)

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2020, 07:17:59 PM »
You mean like the moon landing?

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2020, 08:18:57 PM »
Bob, here are pictures and a video from New York. You can believe it's serious or not.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/nyc-hospital-resumes-use-of-forklift-to-move-bodies-amid-coronavirus/

Out of 350,000,000 people, more than 12,000 people per day die in the US.  That's around 500 in New York City, many in that hospital.   That fork lift to move bodies is NOT a new thing for covid-19.  That's their regular long standing method of moving heavy dead bodies out of their hospital.  That story you posted asserting its something horrific because of Covid-19 is FAKE NEWS. 

We need to be realistic and not listen to fear mongering and fake news.   

Dr. Smith, the founder of the **Smith Center for Infectious Diseases in New Jersey** says that they have had 100% effective treatment with hydroxychloroquine.  Patients get mild flu like symptoms and then you're cured.  Nobody dies.  Nobody need a hospital.  Total "Game Changer," he said.   He also said that previous severe cases they saw were ALL diabetic of pre-diabetic.  The child were very high pre-diabetic.  That last could be new research.

Now that a safe and effective treatment has been identified, and demonstrated, its time to change the game.  Treat the illness, and don't simply wave hands until they need hospitals and respirators. What is killing people is foot dragging by the medical industry waiting to make big money on the disease. 

And, its time we all went back to work.  The game has changed.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:51:31 PM by Bob Knows »

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2020, 08:26:06 PM »
Got a friend in ICU for the last ten days. Nobody knows if she'll make it. Got another at home, who can't taste anything. Just a mild fever. It varies.

Most are making out okay. Most would survive as just another illness. Millions would be hospitalized. Without mitigation a couple of million would die in misery with no loved ones around. Most would contract it, because it is so contagious and sneaky.

It is not a hoax. It is about knowing that millions suffer and many of those dying. Loved ones, friends, wonderful people dying. I don't think that thinning the herd is about this. I can't say that I don't care about the affected, even though I'll never see them, I know what they and their families would go through. I don't want that.

Is the money worth that? Is the economic hardship worth that? I can only speak to myself. Dreams can be rebuilt, reworked, changed. Lives cannot. I can always take a naked walk and know where I'm at and know that I'm not lost. These fears are just disruptions to my ego, as discomforting and fearful as they may seem.
Jbee

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2020, 08:32:49 PM »
If someone says the figures are being exaggerated produce the figures and the evidence. The figures I'm looking at are based on good academic sources.  If there is such an exaggeration why are the New York Health service about to be overwhelmed, as is happening in Spain and Italy. ... or is all this happening on a film set! Davie  8)

Italy admitted that only 12% of their reported Covid-19 deaths actually died of Covid-19.  The admission was by the technical advisor of their Minister of Health after reviewing all the reported deaths.  Another report a few days later said it was only about 1%.

The fear mongers count everyone who dies of anything (cancer, heart attack, car crash, etc.) and also has a positive test for Covid-19.   That is dishonest FAKE NEWS and FEAR MONGERING by government and the Media.  That's all the bullshit we get from media and government in the US too.  If it weren't for Fake News, there wouldn't be any new at all sometimes. 

And, the Media has all attacked President Trump for suggesting that hydroxychloroquine was a possible treatment.  They don't want a cure, they want a disaster.  Media is like that.  Hurst once sent a team to start a war in South America to sell more newspapers. 

Its time for the doctors and politicians to treat the sick with the known cure, stop grandstanding for Fake News cameras,  and let us get back to work. 

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2020, 08:38:29 PM »
Got a friend in ICU for the last ten days. Nobody knows if she'll make it. Got another at home, who can't taste anything. Just a mild fever. It varies. Jbee

Even people in ICU on ventilators who were "hopeless," and given last rites, have been saved by an IV with hydroxychloroquine.  Trouble is most doctors aren't using it, and many people are dying. 

All my life I've been told "there is no effective treatment for a virus."   I'm sure most doctors were taught that in med schools.  Your friend is being treated by a medical team that believes that old dogma, and it was probably true until very recently.   

The game has now changed.  Thousands of patients are being saved by hydroxychloroquine.  Many doctors report 100% cure with only mild symptoms.  No hospital.  No deaths. 

CDC, FDA, and many doctors are holding out for a patent medication that big pharma corps can charge huge prices for.   NO, the money isn't worth watching people die while they refuse to treat people with a cheap generic cure.

I'm sorry about your friend.   Someone needs to get those doctors to learn a new treatment.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:40:51 PM by Bob Knows »