Author Topic: Grand Serre  (Read 159 times)

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
Grand Serre
« on: May 27, 2020, 04:04:30 PM »
I like hiking, running, kayaking, biking, sailing, geocaching...naked of course!

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Grand Serre
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 12:06:56 AM »

I may have asked you this before JMF,
How many miles (KM) will you walk on a day such as this?
John

jmf

• View Profile
    • randonnues
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
For this trip, it was a distance of 13 km and a difference in altitude of 850 m in 6 hours. A little walk!
I like hiking, running, kayaking, biking, sailing, geocaching...naked of course!

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 06:31:01 PM »
That IS quite a "stroll." I'm surprised that you had time for any photos. If I survived such a "walk", I'd sleep very well that night.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 11:58:30 PM »

Yes, JMF, your small hike is more than I could manage in a day.  Maybe I could do the distance on the flat or the ascent on its own.  But both together?  No, not me.  You must be very fit.
John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 02:44:32 AM »
Although its easier to cover more distance without a backpack, we would tend to load up take less distance during one day, make a base camp and wander from there without. Because of DF's and my proclivity for stopping to smell roses and then photographing them, or each other with them, we generally don't cover so much ground. DF usually lags behind on the way out and then like a horse that knows that she is heading toward the barn....

I've been planning a trip up into the Rincons, which would be about 8 miles each way, about the same elevation gain, carrying extra water, and spend a couple of nights up there with an exploratory day in the middle. Part of it is the Arizona Trail. It is wondrous and should be savored, if not for itself, because I couldn't imagine wasting what wouldn't be an everyday occurrence. We also have a day uphill, one generally level a day hike and one downhill, that way.

If I found another partner, I might do it with my bivy SUL setup, about 6 lbs. plus water, more austere. Maybe go up Turkey Creek and come down Miller the next day.

Well, one of these days. We're getting better at this, but JMF impresses me.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.