Author Topic: Posting Large Pictures  (Read 1729 times)

JOhnGw

• Almost anything worth doing is better done naked.
    • View Profile
Posting Large Pictures
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
PS. I am looking for techniques that you guys use here to circumvent the photo limitations of the Simple Machines platform which I otherwise really enjoy using.     I am looking for  convenient ways to post modern large photo files here.    Yes, I can and will use my trusted Irfin View to shrink as I have done through the years on similar forums based upon this platform,  but the extra time that it takes to do so is a deterrent when I am in a hurry.    Thanks.
The only way round it is to load the pictures onto a photograph hosting service and link to the picture.
I use Flickr and it automatically produces a selection of picture sizes which you can link to directly.
To include the full definition picture in the post the code is:
Code: [Select]
[img]url of image[/img]I usually include a thumbnail in the post itself which links to the full definition picture as otherwise it tends to muck up the format of the post itself.
The code for this is:
Code: [Select]
[url=url of full size image][img]url of thumbnail[/img][/url]
The BBCode can be inserted using the icons above the text entry panel.
I also use it to link to videos from a frame grab image. For example in this post.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries

eyesup

• View Profile
Re: Posting Large Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:49:16 AM »
Quote from: Dan
I am looking for techniques that you guys use here to circumvent the photo limitations of the Simple Machines platform which I otherwise really enjoy using. I am looking for  convenient ways to post modern large photo files here.

Or, as an alternative, see Ian’s (milfmog) ‘how to’, posted here on this forum!

I’ve used it quite a bit and have been pleased with it.

Duane

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Posting Large Pictures
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:24 PM »

Ah! Thanks, Duane
That explains how to do clickable small to large pics which I wondered about in another post.
John