Author Topic: Hiking skirt (and other clothes quick to change out of)  (Read 47786 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: Hiking skirt (and other clothes quick to change out of)
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2019, 09:00:34 PM »
I'm encouraged. I may need two. ;)
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nudewalker

• Normal is a setting on a dryer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2019, 04:04:52 PM »
Jbee, at this point it qualifies as a two thumbs up, five star rating. Used it most of the weekend as need for cover in 90F+ temperatures with humidity and it was cooler and more comfortable than any shorts I own.  Anyway, I think you'll be pleased and find their lightweight kilts to be what your looking for as a cover up.
"Always do what you are afraid to do"-Emerson

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2019, 04:33:40 PM »
Nudewalker, is it this one? Thinking about getting one.

Duane

nudewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2019, 04:17:06 AM »
Yes Duane that is the one. Since it will be a dual purpose as both a cover up and something cool to wear at the campsite if necessary my wife had the input as to the color. I still want to take a trip to Cleveland and visit the store. Along with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a few ethnic restaurants that have been recommended.

nudewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
After a two week camping trip which if I had to be covered up the kilt was the go to choice I have the following observations.

First; I did get quite a few complements from the fairer sex, in fact one who was present when the wind got a hold of it and my hands were occupied commented on the lack of anything underneath. So being lightweight it will fly away in the breeze.

Second; I found the Velcro started losing it's grip after a few days of wear. I don't know why for sure and I'm hoping that a washing will restore it.

Third; be sure to follow the instructions on how to measure and if in doubt go a size larger. I think that may have been some of the Velcro issue.

Fourth; the belt loops are a nice touch as it held things in place once the Velcro gave out.  Plus it does give a finished look for everyday wear.

In conclusion, I feel it's a garment that serves it's purpose and I did  order another one, one size larger. The lightweight material was comfortable enough in 90F heat and humidity. We have another trip planned soon so I'll update on the new kilt then.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2019, 07:18:57 PM »
I like the idea of a hiking kilt, although I've only worn one hiking a couple of times. But there was a period in my life when I wore a kilt two or three times a week. I looked at that website and all those kilts look two or three inches too long. Of course, that's just personal preference. My idea of the best length is just to the top of the kneecap and it looked like most of those covered the knee. But maybe they were all wearing them lower on the hip than I did.

nudewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
BlueTrain, being that I have some backround in sewing I took a measuring tape and measured the length and found the 20" drop to be perfect for me as it hits just above the knee.  Also they are worn higher on the hip more nearer the belly button.