Author Topic: Nudes in the news  (Read 118625 times)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
Re: Nudes in the news
« Reply #825 on: July 11, 2018, 10:55:41 AM »
I have to agree with Bob. It is a apart of their culture. Many cops do this crap and believe that it is just fine. They are required by their oath to defend the constitution, something that they don't value because they don't really know about it. Too busy during high school to learn much, I suppose. Then they just do what they think is right.

Here we have Oro Valley police around us, who have used us a revue sources and applied bullying pressure for purely political reasons. On the County level, the last public/publicized sheriff;s scandal didn't change the election results. Back in the 60's, I remember 'ol Sheriff Waldon Burr, who used to hold up in the hospital until his political heat dissipated. I remember, " uh oh too much heat, time for the 'ol boy to get sick," and then he did. Went to a couple of his whore houses back then. Got stopped just for looking funny, long hair a few times. The vote doesn't seem to matter, no matter how much crap they lay on us. Sometimes, their local party bosses will shake a finger in a back room, that bothers them.

The majority does not rule. The majority is those that have been made ignorant, votes in an election for candidates that have been selected by party bosses that represent wealthy interests. This oligarchy thing on the federal level is just a piece of the overall system that is often, and more and more corrupt.

I met a Russian guy down in the canyon at Redington pass when I was gathering emails to organize. HE looked at me an said, "Do you realize that this country is just like my home, a Fascist state?"
Just like the fake democracies all over this hemisphere.
Jbee

Barefoot all over, all over.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 11, 2018, 12:39:04 PM »
I understand what you're saying and agree that what you say is true in some places. But it certainly isn't true in other places.

When I say the majority rules, I mean that general law enforcement is carried out with not only the approval of the majority of the people but with their wholehearted encouragement, too. That was very definitely true in the last county in West Virginia where I lived before leaving home. It was a very conservative area and still is (probably more so), although not conservative in the way I think conservatives should be. Remember the old signs, "Beautify America, Get a Haircut?" Not conservative; reactionary. There was no wealthy interests controlling things, although wealthy interests greatly influences the economy but usually little else. It has to be said that wealthy interests tend to disfavor unions and related work issues but not social issues. People running for office tend to get a lot of support (money) from business interests if they are anti-union and related issues and coincidentally, those people usually have very reactionary views towards the usual social issues. As you can imagine, nudity is going to be seen as a vile sin. Mind you, nobody makes the slightest attempt to control alcohol, so I guess liquor is a Good Thing these days.

There are places where it is worse. In some places, the majority doesn't happen to be white but white folks (usually rich old men) still run things. This country has a history of that. It was simple: black and white. Anything else, like brown, simply confuses everything. Of course, in some places, that's long been the case and it isn't a real issue. Places like Texas, Southern California and in the last several decades, South Florida. It's easy to generalize the differences out of existence but they're real. There is a real paradox. These so call conservatives say they hate big government, etc., etc., etc., yet they seem to want it to be more powerful at the same time and to do the things they want done at the same time. They want to have their cake and eat it, too, in a manner of speaking. Anyway, they love politicians who try to outdo one another in being tough on crime.

None of the above really speaks to issues of interest to us except that reactionary/conservatives will prevent anything remotely liberal if they possibly can, except they like liberal gun laws.

I've probably said enough.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 11, 2018, 08:06:39 PM »
Agreed generally with that one Bluetrain. It shows some of the roots to the law and the dangers of the tough stance, or the zero tolerance choices. Many conservative voters like feel sheltered and protected by their government and in their blind unswerving  patriotism  tends to have them forget that it is people running the system that we all need to be critical of, to question and expect accountability, transparency and trust. Otherwise we have our energies being spent on very wrong nudity laws an dtheir enforcement.
Jbee

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #828 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:38 PM »
In some places, the majority doesn't happen to be white but white folks (usually rich old men) still run things.

Racism.  Sexism.  Ageism. All the bigot insults.   Lets look the other way for Baltimore, Oakland, and many other cities where the corruption is other colored. Police in America actually kill about twice as many white men as colored men.  But just post the usual prejudices.   Does it ever end? 

Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

Rebus

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 12, 2018, 04:43:13 AM »
Police in America actually kill about twice as many white men as colored men.

Which means if you are black you are three times more likely to be shot and killed by police than if white.

BlueTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 12, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »
Please! I'm at the age where ageism starts to kick in.

Oh, to be 70 again.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 12, 2018, 06:23:40 PM »
I'm younger and ageism is already growing, but what's more I have a big grey mustache in the middle of my face like a sign broadcasting. I'm also getting more respect and latitude from some people...and discounts. Women seem to trust me more.
Jbee