Author Topic: Nudes in the news  (Read 131357 times)

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
Re: Nudes in the news
« Reply #285 on: June 02, 2016, 03:03:29 AM »
One thing that is pleasant to note, the newspaper in Bolton is asking who their local naked rambler is, but there's no mention that the police want to talk to him.

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2016, 10:01:18 AM »

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »
Satellite radio and big record companies killed the diversity and protest of youth music. It was music that used to make the wildfire on the news. I'd love to see this thing go national.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2016, 01:38:15 AM »
Cooling off would have been easy. Just jump in the lake or pool or run through the sprinklers.
Then just wait to dry off.

Duane

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2016, 11:21:10 PM »
I ran through the sprinklers today.  Weather was warm but cloudy and sun peeped through late afternoon.  I had been doing some heavy, sweaty gardening wearing overalls and stout shoes.  At a whim I laid out the sprinkler, turned it on and shucked out of the overalls for a naked romp around the cool shower.

My wife was sitting on the patio in full view and raised the usual objections.  Before she got very far I asked her, whilst cavorting in the spray, to consider the extent to which she was spoiling my bit of fun and she would have to put up with my naked body prancing about the lawn for a very little while. Happily she complied but refused the invitation to join me!  It was only a short romp as the water got really shivery fairly quickly! 

It was a very effective cool-down!  I thanked her for her indulgence!

John

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2016, 07:34:24 PM »
after lunch i parked the van i the back paddock and got the hose and broom to give it its anual wash , id nearly finished when the wife came out to see what i was doing, she commented that it was good i was barefoot on the wet grass grounding, never even mentioned i was in full view of the neighbours house some 200 yards away .

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2016, 12:57:32 AM »
after lunch i parked the van i the back paddock and got the hose and broom to give it its anual wash , id nearly finished when the wife came out to see what i was doing, she commented that it was good i was barefoot on the wet grass grounding, never even mentioned i was in full view of the neighbours house some 200 yards away .

200 yards is way too far to be "in your face."   Good for you both for ignoring any casual observations from that distance.
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

JOhnGw

• Almost anything worth doing is better done naked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2016, 08:56:23 AM »

200 yards is way too far to be "in your face."   Good for you both for ignoring any casual observations from that distance.
I seem to recall that at one time in the UK a distance of 400 yards was regarded as far enough for no possible offense to be committed but I can't find any reference to this at the moment.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2016, 09:04:04 AM »
five years ago she would have been panicing about the neighbours catching a glimpse, with passing years theres been a gradual increase in the time we both spend naked arround the garden and an acceptance that sooner or later the neighbours willl notice . ive parrallelled this with my gardening work , broaching the subject of naked gardening with clients has given me half a dozen gardens where i can strip off, some regular, some occassional, some whilst the client is present , some whilst theyre at work. some clients keep their distance whilst im naked others come and chat whilst i work.
this week , providing the weather cooperates ill be working naked for clients most of monday and tuesday , then working mostly at home for the rest of the week, 

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2016, 05:42:29 PM »
I've had a similar change.  10 years ago I was fearful of passing cars noticing me so I avoided the area of my land within sight of the road.  Over time I got more comfortable, and now I go about my business ignoring the casual passing person or neighbor.  I don't think anyone minds, or at least very few of them mind.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2016, 01:56:35 AM »
This just in.   thousands of naked bodies do another photo shoot.

Grin and bare it! Thousands of Colombians brave chilly morning to pose naked 'in the name of peace' for US photographer Spencer Tunick's latest installation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3627040/Thousands-Colombians-pose-naked-Bogota-photographer-Spencer-Tunick-s-latest-installation.html#ixzz4B2FyBfgS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3627040/Thousands-Colombians-pose-naked-Bogota-photographer-Spencer-Tunick-s-latest-installation.html#v-5174423473170761985

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »
Any security concerns can be eliminated as there is no need to search anyone for concealed weapons.  ;D

Duane

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2016, 06:24:01 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3634011/German-nudists-fear-new-refugee-shelter-built-colony-bring-sex-assaults-members-migrants.html

Apart from the outdated use of the word "colony", another (potential) problem of a clash of cultures.

peter

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2016, 08:28:10 PM »
It has been a conservative element, with roots in intolerant, misunderstanding religions and cultures, that have held back body freedom all over the world. Here is the problem in a microcosm. Free body culture has created tolerance and freedom. A group that is antithetical is placed next door. Suddenly the assurance given is for the freed people that they will be boxed in with fences and barriers.

There are basic generally constitutional values, identified as rights, making for a free and tolerant society. If you are entering a country and you don't hold those values, you shouldn't be there. The rights are the value of the country, not the economic benefits. It has taken a long time and much effort to create tolerance and body freedom, to get others more tolerant. Allowing 1.1 million people from intolerant non-democratic sexist cultures into a place the size of Germany is a dramatic problem. Why are they there? These people need to be heading to places like Indonesia, places similar. It's a big world. Having a big heart and sharing a country and resources is one thing, but giving ones freedoms away for any reason is not. You don't have to go home, but ya can't stay here.

This is like inviting someone into your home and having them criticize the food that you put on the table. Sure, it feels good to make ones guests feel welcome, adjust the menu to make them feel at home, but do you want them to move in? When some one comes to visit, it is alright to coverup to make them feel at ease, but eventually they better get used to seeing the uncovered, or leave, because they are then dictating.

Many see these opened doors as an act of religious tolerance, but it must go both ways. Because there are many strict Muslims among the refugees, here's an extreme example. I see young man walking down the street, his teenage wife walking a few paces behind him, covered in a full burka. Personally this angers me. I see it as abuse, wrong. I have to tolerate that culture called religion and that's difficult. If I walk arm in arm nude down the street with my lover and best friend, we're arrested. We don't get the same respect. It is our spirituality/religion, sense of equality, and personal rights that are not equally tolerated.

We'll see what the politicians think will get them re-elected. The placement is just plain inappropriate. Reading this cuts my open heart toward these people who have lost so much. It makes it cold. It corrupts my sense of caring for my fellows.

And then there's that "the immigrants are rapist" aspect to this story. That is the same fear and bating that used to be thrust on Blacks in the south. "They can't control themselves." I have old literature that propagandizes this very old thread of racism. It is still being used today.
Jbee
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:32:16 PM by jbeegoode »
Barefoot all over, all over.

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 11, 2016, 02:15:38 AM »
And if you are in the country, Jbee, you had best be ready to start deciding which of the new customs to start getting accustomed to 1st.

America has it's problems with accepting immigrants and assimilating  them, but we have had a lot of practice. Dumping large numbers of people from such a different culture without any preparation is a pot about to boil over. Those that immigrate do so with knowledge aforethought. These people are only aware aware of what they see in movies and/or news programs about their new abode.

I hope the authorities are aware of the risky situation they are creating.

Duane