Author Topic: Nudes in the news  (Read 135723 times)

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Re: Nudes in the news
« Reply #660 on: September 10, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
OMG!!!   Someone saw a human being!!!    They've been attacked.   Their life is over.  They are so butthurt they will never recover.   

Quote from: Textile beach user Curtis
“I’d ask everyone to respect the lifestyle choices of everyone else, whether they want to wear clothes or not. It’s a lovely beach and we want everyone to be able to use it without embarrassment.”

I'd ask Curtis to respect the lifestyle choices of everyone else.  Its a lovely beach and everyone wants to use it.   The sight of a human, one of his own species, does not break his arm or empty his purse.  No harm done.

I am glad to read that humans in the UK are daring to claim their right to be seen on a normal beach.  We are normal humans and we do not need to hide our species.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:36:13 PM by Bob Knows »
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:09 AM »

The last line from the director:
"The director said in 2013: "We had to shoot on the most remote beach we could find. But when we got there it turns out that, for the exact same reason we had chosen it, so had all the nudists in Cornwall. The beach was full of naked people."

This led to some tactful camera work.

“The truth of the matter is, just to the left of camera was the hefty paunch of a naked man," said Curtis. “It's in the very nature of nudists for them not to mind being on camera.”"

What the f...kind of information is that. Where did that "fact" come from, and why is it presented as "fact?"
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 11, 2017, 05:53:00 AM »
Sounds like there is something missing in that story. But that quote, “. . we want everyone to be able to use it without embarrassment”, is kind of odd.

As in, define “we” and “embarrassment”.

Duane

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #663 on: September 11, 2017, 05:54:28 PM »
Sounds like there is something missing in that story. But that quote, “. . we want everyone to be able to use it without embarrassment”, is kind of odd.

As in, define “we” and “embarrassment”.

Duane

WE -->  the confirmed textile people

Embarrassment  -->  butthurt from seeing a human. 

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 11, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
My point also, Bob.

The quote, “I’d ask everyone to respect the lifestyle choices of everyone else, whether they want to wear clothes or not. It’s a lovely beach and we want everyone to be able to use it without embarrassment”, says he wants everyone to be respect everyone but also that “embarrassment” must be avoided.

Well, his statement already has constraints on it.
Does that mean councelling is in order before anyone is allowed to use the beach?
Or simply that the status quo must be maintained.

Makes you wonder if that was a Freudian Slip or something else.

Duane

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #665 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:36 PM »
My point also, Bob.

The quote, “I’d ask everyone to respect the lifestyle choices of everyone else, whether they want to wear clothes or not. It’s a lovely beach and we want everyone to be able to use it without embarrassment”, says he wants everyone to be respect everyone but also that “embarrassment” must be avoided.

Well, his statement already has constraints on it.
Does that mean councelling is in order before anyone is allowed to use the beach?
Or simply that the status quo must be maintained.

Makes you wonder if that was a Freudian Slip or something else.
Duane

When he says that he wants everyone to be allowed to use the beach, he means that nudists must not be allowed to use the beach because human bodies are not respected.   

Bob

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Family Friendly Nudist in GA, USA.
« Reply #666 on: October 04, 2017, 03:51:41 PM »
VERY anti-nude article on CBS agenda news.  All propaganda, all the time. 

SANDY SPRINGS, GA (CBS46) -

Police are searching for a man who could face an indecent exposure charge if he's caught. The man is accused of hiking on a public trail in Sandy Springs without any clothes on.

Morgan Falls Overlook Park is a beautiful, family-friendly park, but CBS46 discovered a police report accusing a man of doing something no one wants their children exposed to in public.

We learned that on Sept. 17, a woman called police saying a man was walking naked on the hiking trail. The woman says the man greeted her by saying he was just a family-friendly nudist.

An online definition says a nudist is a person who engages in the practice of going naked wherever possible. Georgia has at least three clothing optional resorts, but parents say this definitely isn't the place for a nudist.

"It's scary," says park visitor Chelsea Stoddard. "My kids are 3 and 5, and I don't want any naked guys running around here."

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/36515419/man-accused-of-hiking-without-clothes-on-calling-himself-family-friendly-nudist#ixzz4uXyUQzHR

Even on-line people calling themselves "Naturists" are joining in condemning the man for hiking naked.  With friends like this, nudism needs no enemies.  Some faux nudist organizations are the worst enemies of free range nudism. This Twitter Naturist Page for example.
https://twitter.com/TheNaturistPage

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #667 on: October 04, 2017, 11:57:15 PM »
It's probably not illegal in Georgia, though I wonder what the police would do if this man could be identified. What Georgia law says (per Naturist Action Committee site) is "A person commits the offense of public indecency when he or she performs any of the following acts in a public place: (1) An act of sexual intercourse; (2) A lewd exposure of the sexual organs; (3) A lewd appearance in a state of partial or complete nudity".

Since the legislature saw fit to add the word "lewd" in there, they obviously thought there could be exposure or nudity that isn't lewd. And what's less lewd than a natural body out in the natural environment? Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I leave it with you.

I hope he didn't really say "family friendly". I really hate that kind of weasel words, and likewise their opposite, "adult". Say what you mean and be honest about it.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #668 on: October 05, 2017, 12:01:36 AM »
I hope he didn't really say "family friendly". I really hate that kind of weasel words, and likewise their opposite, "adult". Say what you mean and be honest about it.

I see nothing about a naked man enjoying a walk in the woods that is not "family friendly."  He probably smiled and everything.  Humans are not inherently lewd or unfriendly. 

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 05, 2017, 02:17:40 AM »
Yeah, John.
“Great day for a hike”, along with a smile would have been better.

Duane

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 05, 2017, 02:19:02 AM »
Two links to the same article. Was that intentional, Bob?

Duane

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #671 on: October 05, 2017, 03:11:31 PM »
Two links to the same article. Was that intentional, Bob?

Duane

Not really.  The web page inserted its own link when I copied part of the text. 

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #672 on: October 05, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »
Yeah, John.
“Great day for a hike”, along with a smile would have been better.

Duane

I can imagine the conversation:

Him "Great day for a hike." smiling.

Them  "You are NAKED!   What about our children?"

Him, "No problem. I'm family friendly."  Smiles again.   

Them,  "Eeek!  You terrorist!" 

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #673 on: October 05, 2017, 08:01:27 PM »
Naturists have swarmed the comments section there! I even recognized one name that I've seen as an author in N magazine.

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #674 on: October 05, 2017, 09:48:19 PM »
From comments on above article:
Other reports on this I have read have stated he held the shorts up in front of him as the female hiker approached,

He held up shorts to cover himself.  As soon as a naked person tries to hide he is admitting and demonstrating that he is doing something wrong.  That is just asking to be reported for doing something wrong.   We all need to assert we are normal and have a fundamental human right to our own body.  We should not apologize or try to hide.  We should not admit that we are "wrong" for being naked because we are right. 

As another comment said, "Humans are not created with clothes on. Nude is the real normal state of the human body."   Do not hold up pants to show you are doing something wrong.