Author Topic: Game/Trail Cameras  (Read 20621 times)

Peter S

• View Profile
Re: Game/Trail Cameras
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 05:40:50 PM »
The motion sensors that trip the camera into action have a limited range.

The trouble with motion sensors is that they sense motion - and in countryside that will include trees and bushes, so there probably isn't an "out of range" safety zone. On the other hand if the recording is motion-activated it's probably, therefore, permanently recording and filling up the recording medium.

peter

nudewalker

• Normal is a setting on a dryer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 05:45:22 PM »
I would like to know more such as which state it is in plus the laws concerning nudity and privacy. If it is a motion controlled detector good chance it would not even get tripped from the property but if it is remote controlled and can be focused that could make a difference. much like the woman who complained that people were having sex in a hot tub. When the policeman arrived to investigate he couldn't see anything. The complainer said "you have to use binoculars". Little details change everything.
"Always do what you are afraid to do"-Emerson

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 05:48:08 PM »
The other possibility is to go out and deliberately walk past the camera naked several times a day until your neighbor gets tired of seeing boring photos of some ordinary guy walking in the woods. 
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
The other possibility is to go out and deliberately walk past the camera naked several times a day until your neighbor gets tired of seeing boring photos of some ordinary guy walking in the woods.
Walk by naked and bend over to pick something off of the ground.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 09:29:11 PM »
If we're talking invasion of privacy, it won't be long before the courts are full of cases of people snooping on each other from remote control drones.  This worthy innovation is now becoming cheap enough for the prurient, high handed neighbour of ordinary means to afford to spy on adjacent property. 

I have read about cases that are precedents for this where one neighbour, harassed by another or annoyed by his neighbour's kids looking over his property from their trampoline, has photographed or filmed the harassment or intrusive looking to gain proof/evidence and the police have taken the view that filming is a more serious intrusion and have threatened the defending accuser with action to restrain their photography.  As one complainant put it  (paraphrase) - your neighbour seems to have every right to harrass you but when you seek to gather evidence, you are against the law.  In the UK the law does not have a concept of a clear right to privacy on your own property.

John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 06:36:53 AM »
The law here (USA) generally sits around the interpretation and previous cases that if you build a fence for privacy on your property, you have a reasonable expectation. Standing behind a building out of sight there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, if discovered. Sometimes the law doesn't protect and you have to accommodate its shortcomings.  ;D
Jbee

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
Yes, drones are an approaching sociological problem area alright...But...they look great fun to fly!
John

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 07:08:56 PM »
I was in the parking lot in Oro Valley yesterday and came across a sign which said, actively video monitored. Creepy, yet more secure. My homeless friend told me that Walmart is a very safe place to leave your bicycle with gear. All of the thieves know about it and stay away.

The upside could be a new sport. Naked drone bagging! MAybe I could start a website!?!
Jbee

Nightwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 05:35:18 AM »
Funny, when the subject of drones came up, I remember a post I did at SNS. I was on a rural hike, down a vehicle-maybe-every-25-minutes gravel road in Saskatchewan, Canada. I was in the rather deep ditch, where even the driver of a 4x4 would only catch me from the shoulders up, if that.

Nearing a river bed where the road gave out, I was about to peel off when lo and behold, a drone WITH CAMERA zipped right overhead. The owner/operator and his wife and kid were apparently just down the road. I believe he was wearing some kind of video head gear while operating the thing.

It just goes to show, you can never assume these days that you are really alone, even in the middle of nada.
I feel my best when naked in the world, especially in wide, open spaces, wherever and whenever possible.

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »
There's another side to the drone debate, for anyone worried about being spotted while out nude hiking (nuking?). Take a drone. Fly it on ahead to scout out the area and see if any encounters are imminent. Just a thought ... The downside is that it's more electronic intrusion cluttering up an otherwise enjoyable naked ramble.

peter

JOhnGw

• Almost anything worth doing is better done naked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
I'd prefer to stay light and rely on my SN-craft (or should it now be called FRN-craft?).
It is probably just as reliable as any technical solution.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:28:34 AM by JOhnGw »
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries

nudewalker

• Normal is a setting on a dryer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »
I think that they are training eagles in Belgium to destroy unauthorized drones. Maybe I could train a falcon to hike with me and take care of any pesky drones?
"Always do what you are afraid to do"-Emerson

Peter S

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2016, 06:48:07 AM »
Now that's a much more Eco-friendly idea!

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
Good idea Pete, but I'm with JOhn.  Travelling light is better naked. 

However, as drones get better & better, you never know a technologocal solution might become available - we might be able to carry an SN scout drone smaller than a cellphone and receive its live video recon on said phone.  Maybe some enterprising soul will invent a pocket signal jammer for the video and/or the control signals of snooping drones.  Failing that, a volley from a 12 bore might create interesting and challenging flying conditions! :)

John