Author Topic: Stress reliever  (Read 5501 times)

eyesup

• View Profile
Stress reliever
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »
Sometimes I feel like doing this.
I just wish I had a lush glade closer than a marathon run!

Need a break?
A little better resolution

Duane

nuduke

• View Profile
Re: Stress reliever
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »

That's what I do do!
No deserts for us Brits but many forests, woods, copses, glades, spinneys, clumps, groves, wildwoods, thickets....
Trouble is we ain't got huge tracts of deserted forest to gambol in like the girl in the video.
That video is what I want to do but a) you have to carry your stuff (No film crew to hold your car keys and phone) and b) constantly keep cave for oncoming people which restricts time naked and takes the edge off the freedom.
But one can imagine one is free as the wind for a little while at least.

John

JOhnGw

• Almost anything worth doing is better done naked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:56:44 AM »
And exactly what I will be doing right from the door on the second fortnight of my Fuerteventura trip - and I might manage a video.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »
That's what a lot of us do. High moorland areas in the Peak District and North Wales for me. There's only a small chance of other people being about especially midweek and being in open country I can see them coming. If I can't see what they are wearing I guess they can't see what I'm not.

Walking free, one of the best stress relieversI can think off

Davie  8)

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »
Sometimes I feel like doing this.
I just wish I had a lush glade closer than a marathon run!

Duane

My glade isn't so lush, but its right out my door. 

Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 12:39:41 AM »
In internet fantasy land, every naturist is a babe. In real life, you're more likely to meet Bob. Or worse! At least we get glades around here, though not very verdant lately:

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 01:13:45 AM »
Sometimes I do find a glade to walk in

Davie  8)

reubenT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 07:35:01 AM »
It is a good stress reliever.  And I have several miles of woods I can roam in without fear of reprisal.    Soon as i get my wood fired truck going I plan on doing some rambling with it and collect lots of deadwood for biochar use.   I will call it business,  growing good food with it,   but it will be more like relaxing work. 

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »
Exercise is one of the best stress reducers, if not the best. Good healthy food, particularly fresh veggies are calming. Looks like Reuben has the idea nailed, because he puts this in the context of sunshine and nature...a walk in the natural park. That is, if the time is set aside to appreciate, learn and communicate with "it" while harvesting what he needs. His activities fulfill four of the common requirements for longevity with quality.

I live in a desert...whats a "glade?" ;D

...oh, okay...been a while.  ::)
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
Physical exertion is good for the body and mind. Work or scheduled exercise, it doesn't matter.

Quote from: Jbee
I live in a desert...whats a "glade?"
Those places you keep visiting in the mountains and posting wonderful pictures of.
A glade by any other name . . .  :)

Duane

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »

You walk through glades of saguaros, JBee!
As Handel had it in his opera Semele
Where 'er you walk
 Cool gales shall fan the glade
 Trees where you sit
 shall crowd into a shade
Now then, John P
Whilst I greatly appreciate your posting the photo walking in a forest in the snow in the sunshine (which appeals to my usual location envy!), there's a bit of a judgmental ring to your remark
In internet fantasy land, every naturist is a babe. In real life, you're more likely to meet Bob. Or worse!
If I might seek leave to comment, whilst I entirely get the wit of your comment, and it is true that Bob is no babe (being a. a male and b. of an age somewhat beyond babyhood) and assuming that "Or Worse!" is a humorously self-deprecating remark referring to yourself, I am motivated to point out that we naturists are more prone not to make such comparisons and I for one appreciate you both as typical and valuable members of the species although in truth, the pixel width of photo that Bob occupies is larger than yours!!

impishly yours :D

John

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 04:40:55 PM »
In JohnP's defense, I took his 'or worse" remark as a commentary on the 'cultural standard' of better or worse.
A standard he has consistently railed ;) against. With good reason.

Duane

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 05:30:23 PM »
I didn't understand the John P. remark. I wasn't sure, but didn't ask for clarification.

I DID dig for the definition of "glade." It could be a meadow in a forest, how big a glade is is debatable. One man's glade is another's meadow. One's response to glade is all that is important, not the size, the look of it, the shape, but only the response, which belongs to the eye of the beholder, or experiencer.

Nuduke's prose implies shadow. Lack of obstructing vegetation may be experienced. In the desert the respite is in the shade, not usually in the warm sun. But, sitting naked in a shady house, some days, it feels like stepping naked into a glade, just by stepping out the door. Boom! It's quiet, warm, beautiful and natural. The sun gives life, it gives the essence and we are all one. Man's intrusions into my psyche and serenity are suddenly irrelevant. I'm blessed, today.
Jbee

Barefoot all over, all over.

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 08:57:33 AM »
Sorry, I only just noticed that there was a continuing conversation here. My whimsical posting above came out of the following thoughts:

First, we have yet another artistic item to enjoy which just happens to be a slim young woman taking her clothes off. A "babe", as I tend to call them (not that anyone is unacceptable, let's have that clear).

Then there's talk of "glades" and there's Bob in his glade. Well, "Bob" sounds a little like "babe", does it not? So my bitter little dig, in Internet fantasy land there are babes, in reality mature males are the majority. Like every single one of us in this conversation.

Add a little self-deprecation, what follows Bob and is worse than Bob, is me in my own local glade. A mature male on snowshoes, how much less babelike can you get?

Perhaps I was being obscure. But it's all part of the fun.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »

And my comments of course, John, left little room in my cheek given that it was occupied by my tongue at the time!!! :D :D
I shall ever regard Bob as a babe ...but mutated somewhat*!

John

*Perhaps a little in the same vein that Oliver Hardy's nickname was 'Babe'!