Author Topic: Visiting Oregon, and the only County with an anti-nude ordiance  (Read 5053 times)

Rebus

• View Profile
Re: Visiting Oregon, and the only County with an anti-nude ordiance
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 07:38:10 PM »
The week long naked (day) hiking tour is a go, based out of Squaw Mountain Ranch in NW Oregon, last week of July.  Each day is a new destination.
See https://www.meetup.com/Siskiyou-Hiking-Bares/events/238650333/

To quote:
"I have arranged with Squaw Mt. Ranch just east of Estacada, OR to host this meetup by providing a place for us to camp. They have also agreed to provide food service of supper and possibly breakfast as well. Camping and food, including grounds use for $30- $35 per day, with the exact amount determined after we have a final head count. I think this is a great deal. The lodge will also be available for our group, with a few rooms available for sleeping, some floor space and kitchen facilities."

"The Hiking Tour will consist of five day hikes, using Squaw Mountain Ranch Nude Resort as our base of the tour.  This hiking tour is patterned after the Nude European Walking Tour which takes place each summer in Germany or Austria."

"There are some great hikes in the area, including a hike to Bagby Hot Springs on one of the days.  This will be a bucket list vacation you will want to do at least once."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:40:20 PM by Rebus »

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »
Rebus, it seems to me that you're probably the person who was mentioned in the AANR Northwest newsletter, and also the one behind the Siskiyou Hiking Bares. I'm trying to clarify this in order to be sure that there aren't multiple people running Oregon naturist hiking groups!

It's too bad that the Siskiyou Hiking Bares Meetup page has to say "This group's content is available only to members". That makes the information unavailable to a casual visitor who doesn't want to sign up.

One notes background images by the excellent Henry Yuen.

Bob Knows

• Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
    • View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »

It's too bad that the Siskiyou Hiking Bares Meetup page has to say "This group's content is available only to members". That makes the information unavailable to a casual visitor who doesn't want to sign up.

I noticed that too.  I cancelled my Meetup membership when its management went deep into sponsoring radical leftist political action.  The hiking group needs to be moved to a web site without all the radical political baggage.

I don't live very far from Oregon.  Its about 1/2 day drive to the venue.  I was curious about the details of the nude hiking group, but the web site is limited. 

Bob
Human bodies are natural, comfortable, and green.
To see more of Bob you can view his personal photo page
http://www.photos.bradkemp.com/greenbare.html

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 08:00:26 PM »
That's a 12 hr. one way road trip to Ashland for me.

I was wondering about that too, John. If the other link you posted was the same event. If it's the same group, the other link occurred back in Feb.
No information on the website without joining. At least there is some here info in his post.

One week of naked hiking! Sounds wonderful.

Duane

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »
I use Meetup for my circle that I facilitate and it has been a mainstay for a couple of drum circles. Like minded and searching people get hooked up. It brings in newcomers, then we do a list to announce a special event, too. It is popular and a great way to get things going.

Whether it is used for radical right-wing political organizing or nude events, doesn't matter to me. The internet is now a forum, a place to be secure in your own papers and correspondence, a place to express belief, concerns, a soap box, a place to organize, to create revolution, or any change. The other media is now owned, by entities that want only to profit, divide and conquer and control the flow of information and what dominates the thoughts, issues and discussion among the people, which it is effectively doing. It is the only place democracy is functioning in this country. Meetup which allows any group to gather and advertise, is essential to that. That includes everybody's concerns and we as naturists need this more than ever. Meetup is free discourse and assembly, in a country now run for the profit of a few, like any South American fascist oligarchy. When things like Meetup are gone, nothing remains of a people's country.

The revolving door corporate system has taken over the FCC is now moving against the free internet, with regard to only corporate interests and against overwhelming opposition. To me this is out and out treason, blatantly undermining the principles Constitution and democratic function. Bob, instead of attacking modes of the foundation of free expression, we need to be standing up for it no matter what we disagree with. Truth and honest discourse, not win any way, at any cost, like "the powers that be" have degenerated into. Politically, we disagree, but I'll stand up for you and any crackpot ideas that piss me off, as long as you join me in turn to stand up for all the crackpots with me. We shouldn't mess with Meetup. It is not a political entity, the users are. Meetup is the people's tool.
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 08:49:08 PM »
Maybe to avoid hassles, authorities, pervs and prudes should not be given a schedule and time and place where a group of people hike nude.
Jbee

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 09:46:01 PM »
I use Meetup for my circle that I facilitate and it has been a mainstay for a couple of drum circles. Like minded and searching people get hooked up. It brings in newcomers, then we do a list to announce a special event, too. It is popular and a great way to get things going.

I used Meetup for maybe 15 years.  Over time it became more and more expensive.  Higher fees charged for sponsors.

Whether it is used for radical right-wing political organizing or nude events, doesn't matter to me. The internet is now a forum, a place to be secure in your own papers and correspondence, a place to express belief, concerns, a soap box, a place to organize, to create revolution, or any change.
Jbee

About 6 months ago Meetup MANAGEMENT began using the Meetup system and subscriber list to organize far left political agenda groups.   Since I'm not a fan of far leftist politics I cancelled my long time membership.

We shouldn't mess with Meetup. It is not a political entity, the users are. Meetup is the people's tool.

I agree with you JB about open Internet, however, Meetup chose to become a political organization of far left political action. 

Meetup is no longer an effective way to organize events and distribute information except to the political far left.

Bob

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:49:49 PM by Bob Knows »

John P

• View Profile
    • My naturist page
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 05:54:09 AM »

That is a realistic dream: I'm doing two separate weeks of nude hiking this summer. The first one is our New England group's annual trip in July, which is actually going to be in New York. Yes, we're taking a rest from Vermont, and going to the Catskills instead, with the idea of touring waterfalls. Then at the end of July three of us are heading for Austria for the Naked European Walking Tour. As the the Siskiyou guy says, he went on NEWT last year, but he didn't sign up in time this year so he's trying to duplicate it in Oregon, and good luck to him. It would be a great thing if there were several active naturist events in different parts of the country.

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 09:47:19 PM »

That is a realistic dream: I'm doing two separate weeks of nude hiking this summer. The first one is our New England group's annual trip in July, which is actually going to be in New York. Yes, we're taking a rest from Vermont, and going to the Catskills instead, with the idea of touring waterfalls. Then at the end of July three of us are heading for Austria for the Naked European Walking Tour. As the the Siskiyou guy says, he went on NEWT last year, but he didn't sign up in time this year so he's trying to duplicate it in Oregon, and good luck to him. It would be a great thing if there were several active naturist events in different parts of the country.
I'm ready for that! I'm getting more and more intrigued by Oregon. So, what kind of pace do these organized hikes take? How much chatter is there on the trail?

eyesup

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering about how much actual naked time there is.
Are they maked only on the trail, camping or wandering into a village?

It mentioned dining and resorts. Is a majority of the time naked?

Duane

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 03:01:24 AM »

I used Meetup for maybe 15 years.  Over time it became more and more expensive.  Higher fees charged for sponsors.

Whether it is used for radical right-wing political organizing or nude events, doesn't matter to me. The internet is now a forum, a place to be secure in your own papers and correspondence, a place to express belief, concerns, a soap box, a place to organize, to create revolution, or any change.
Jbee

About 6 months ago Meetup MANAGEMENT began using the Meetup system and subscriber list to organize far left political agenda groups.   Since I'm not a fan of far leftist politics I cancelled my long time membership.

We shouldn't mess with Meetup. It is not a political entity, the users are. Meetup is the people's tool.

I agree with you JB about open Internet, however, Meetup chose to become a political organization of far left political action. 

Meetup is no longer an effective way to organize events and distribute information except to the political far left.

Bob
There seems to be no political bias around here, and it is very effective for my non-political events. I wonder if there are regional differences from here to there?
Jbee

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 03:20:17 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering about how much actual naked time there is.
Are they maked only on the trail, camping or wandering into a village?

It mentioned dining and resorts. Is a majority of the time naked?

Duane
Quoting Jbee: "So, what kind of pace do these organized hikes take? How much chatter is there on the trail?"
I think that there needs to be some delineation her between Newt hikes in the Alps and Local Hiking in the broader USA.

I was asking about general the nature of these. People hike at different paces and imbibe in different styles, like goal oriented, exercise oriented, nature observations, photographic stopping, or casual. Groups tend to have chatter and scare away wildlife, or point out and share observations and experiences. I was wondering how this has been in Europe. I read about "marches." The Oregon hikes haven't occurred yet.

Eyesup, this Oregon thing is using a nude resort as a base camp and then local hikes. By the terrain and Federal Lands, it appears that there is plenty of naked hiking in wilder areas, much like what you and we did in Arizona, only less populated, just a wetter ecosystem. With Oregon State laws, trips to an from the trail-heads shouldn't be a problem nude.

In Europe, they vary behavior and coverups. There is a base house rented and they hike from there, but we need some elaboration from those who have been there like John, Dan, Stuart and Carla.
Jbee
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:23:01 AM by jbeegoode »

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 04:09:30 PM »
There seems to be no political bias around here, and it is very effective for my non-political events. I wonder if there are regional differences from here to there?
Jbee

Meetup management used their facilities and mailing lists to organize leftist "RESIST!" political agenda activism in virtually every city in America.   Its sedition, and I want no part of it.

Meetup is no longer an acceptable social medium for non-political or non-leftist organizations.

Bob
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:11:32 PM by Bob Knows »

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 10:00:38 PM »
I asked several Meetup hosts and they, like myself, have not received any "resist" correspondence, or miss use. None, Of my 200 or so members have complained, or mentioned such a thing. Of course, very few of these people, like myself, would not be anything but supportive of any calls to resistance. Most are ashamed, disgusted, fearful of the future and angry about American government. They are quite upset about, foreign policy, fascist cointelrpro tactics, oligarchy and corporate influence. The concern is rampant among millions of us, like I have never seen before. They probably would be supportive and certainly not take it as sedition. It is like when people speed, or cheat on their taxes, or get naked anyway. They have had enough. It depends on which circles you hang in, of course. These are middle of the road, to leftist, nice people and some with libertarian leanings. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see calls for resistance like you describe, and that is free speech to me.

It is just that I have not seen, nor heard anything about this. Perhaps it is some fake news? Many in the government would like to see any organizing tool like Meetup go away. Probably because so many people are feeling as they do. These in power don't like people out of control, organizing, dwarfing their own political exhibitions of support, being in the way and resisting them. Places like Meetup and others on the internet are good for that and government has had a long history of repression, defamation and infiltration.

There are some more private political entities that are undermining democratic processes, especially media. Maybe it is a version of swiftboating, a dishonest manipulation of fact to undermine things one is opposed to?

Some would say that we are corrupting, immoral, spreading horrible illegal things and attacking children in the most vile ways, by advocating naturism. By their standards, that would be illegal sedition. They would want to shut down the internet sites and meetup groups. So, what do we do? We resist. We become supportive of each other. They would call us perverted, seek to imprison us, and do smear campaigns to discredit us...uh. oh! That IS what they are doing! If we were more important and costing them money, they would be more aggressive.

So, our body rights are under attack when our free speech is cut back. They go hand in hand. As long as Meetup gives the same treatment to left and right...everybody... we all need to be supportive of what it produces, whether we like it or not. This is a naturist's issue. I personally can't see myself boycotting them.

I can understand your feelings Bob. Coming from my point of view, my stomach recoils and I go into shocking feelings within a few minutes when I get subjected to Fox News, which I see as alarming purposefully blatant manipulations, fascist, divisive and racist. I turn it off, I boycott being subjected to it in public venues, but I figure that it is part of the set of rights that will ultimately protect us all, so I swallow a bitter pill.
Jbee
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:17:40 PM by jbeegoode »

Bob Knows

• View Profile
    • Greenbare Photos
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 12:49:05 AM »
"What is the #Resist network of Meetups?
"Meetup is committed to bringing members together to form community and take action. Since the recent United States election, we’ve seen a dramatic increase in Meetup members pursuing and creating opportunities for civic engagement on our platform.

"We decided that we wanted to do more to support these efforts so we created a network of 1,000 #Resist Meetup groups with a few special characteristics.

"#Resist is a free extension of the Meetup platform that allows members to get involved in local civic action. Every member of a #Resist Meetup group can schedule and host Meetup events and has access to event templates and a new group communication tool that make connecting and Meeting up with other members easier than ever before."

https://www.meetup.com/help/article/2736376/

"se·di·tion  səˈdiSH(ə)n/  noun
noun: sedition; plural noun: seditions
    conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch."

Not in my lifetime has there been this kind of organized and well funded rebellion against the US government by those who lost an election.  The whole basis of democracy is to accept the will of the majority and nominate a better candidate in the next election.   

If you, JB, and your friends voted for the losing candidate then that's not a reason to go to war against the government.  Many other Americans voted for the winning candidates and are still celebrating that campaign promises are being kept.   Political agendas are not relevant to naturism, and not relevant to attendance at a nude walk week in Oregon.

Meetup is now, by its own choice, a leftist seditious political organization.  Meetup is NOT an acceptable neutral web site to be promoting non-political meetings and events. 

Bob