Author Topic: Nude Swim under attack by the prudes  (Read 6461 times)

MartinM

• View Profile
Re: Nude Swim under attack by the prudes
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 12:15:08 AM »
I thought they still did them but restricted to over 18s only. I remember 2019 Blackpool swim became the target if protests with fascist scum exposing families live in Facebook entering the premises and another one this year in Stoke gave in and banned under 18s after a protest. These places had no problems running events for years and insisted they’d continue until caving into pressure.

They caved in not so much to ‘pressure’ as to threats to their staff. I can understand them taking the safety of their staff seriously, although giving in to these kind of threats is the thin end of the wedge. The nasty bigots are bolstered and move onto their next victim.
Tread lightly upon the earth!

Fishandchips

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2020, 03:20:43 AM »
I thought they still did them but restricted to over 18s only. I remember 2019 Blackpool swim became the target if protests with fascist scum exposing families live in Facebook entering the premises and another one this year in Stoke gave in and banned under 18s after a protest. These places had no problems running events for years and insisted they’d continue until caving into pressure.

They caved in not so much to ‘pressure’ as to threats to their staff. I can understand them taking the safety of their staff seriously, although giving in to these kind of threats is the thin end of the wedge. The nasty bigots are bolstered and move onto their next victim.

Yes I’m sure threats to staff is a criminal offence and would like to know why they aren’t prosecuted for it. Terrorists is what they are. And as for being all for protecting the children, live streaming families attending these events knowing fine well that anyone recognising them will probably initiate their own harassment is hardly protecting them.

Davie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 09:42:10 AM »
These protesters weren't prosecuted because the Police failed to act. As a result BN made a formal complaint. I understand the Police accept offences were
committed and are now investigating. Attendees were asked by BN to submit any evidence they have from dahcams etc.

I think it's difficult for venues. Their statutory duty of care must be to their staff. With luck the storm will pass and these protesters will move on but regrettably that is not certain. Meanwhile BN is fighting back and is heavily involved in campaigning for an extension to the categories listed for those involved in hate crime.

Davie 8)

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2020, 02:47:48 AM »
Good for BN. A much better response than attacking back. Lawless behaviors manifest because there is no law there to protect and serve. What kinds of threats were made? Serious, outings, or violence? Where do these thugs originate from? Is it a church, or some organization?
Jbee
Barefoot all over, all over.

Fishandchips

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 07:18:08 AM »
Good for BN. A much better response than attacking back. Lawless behaviors manifest because there is no law there to protect and serve. What kinds of threats were made? Serious, outings, or violence? Where do these thugs originate from? Is it a church, or some organization?
Jbee

There are online groups of “paedo hunters” made up of people who are sick of children being targeted for abuse online. Some of them got word of naturist swims from news promos and they went ape shit to learn children were involved. They are opposed to children taking part in any naturist activity because they “can’t consent” and believe people at these events are there for sex etc. I have seen some protestors interviews with newspapers too and they look like the losers you’d get on shows like Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer. Sorry to generalise but some seem like they have no lives if their own. Wouldn’t be surprised if many were Britain First members either.