Author Topic: Nudity in Temperature Extremes  (Read 6039 times)

BlueTrain

• View Profile
Re: Nudity in Temperature Extremes
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2020, 03:28:20 PM »
I live in Virginia and high humidity is normal, even more so further south. I think a fair amount of acclimatization takes place. In other words, you get used to it as the seasons pass. In the spring, a day with a given temperature might feel warmer than the same day in late fall. But my father used to say that if you were dressing for the warmer weather that we weren't actually having yet, you were "pushing the season." But the days are longer in the spring, too.

I guess it might be a matter of what you want it to be. Or as it said on the cover of a Fjäll Räven catalog several years ago, "Cold at last!"

jbeegoode

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2020, 06:04:47 PM »
I'm moving out of my strawbale house. The heat pump is broken and it is up to the buyer to fix it. So, I'm living with no heat. The house efficiently stays at temperature ,but if it doesn't heat up it stays efficiently cold. The temperature outside has been 65 down to freezing every day for more than a month. There is no wind in here and the humidity isn't so bad. There is only some sun heat radiating through windows. It is thirties to sixties.

IT"S COLD all the time.

If I go outside, the sun on my back makes all of the difference, or stand in window light. Packing 25 years of life takes time, but the movement helps. Keeping in my body heat helps, but it is certainly stuffy in clothing for a nudist with my preferences, habits and conditioning.

Sunshine is wonderful.

ANY, ever so slight breeze in cold makes a big difference.

So, it is evident that temperature alone isn't what it is about, but coupled with humidity, temp, wind, sunshine, etc.

Dry heat is much more tolerable than humid heat and a light breeze, shade and/or full nudity makes incredible difference.

So goes my experience. I've been thinking of running a log experiment observation of me getting out and running, walking each day for 365, to see how a nude body reacts to the worlds variations.

Also, a cold smoothie is chilling in the cold and wonderful in the heat.

Today, we do a sauna at about 180, dry and extreme humidity for our health.

All complex.
Jbee

Barefoot all over, all over.

nuduke

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2020, 10:54:32 PM »

As I said in 'How Was Your Month...'  Sounds like Britain, Jbee!
John

ric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2020, 09:42:08 AM »
We've downsized into a flat in the village, still got the paddock,orchard and old farm buildings with polytunnels, veg patch and mobile home.  We're flitting between the two roughly when the clocks change in October and March. So far we've had a mild wet January the flat hovers around 16/17 degrees c with no heating on , fine in joggers and a jumper for a naked wander to the bathroom at 3am.
Spent a few hours naked one sunny morning last week clearing a bit of a polytunnel and shovelling a compost heap in. Soil needs to dry out a lot before I can start on the outside get beds. But soon be time to plant broad beans in pots inside.